airgord

incident at Skydive AZ

I was told by an AFF instructor here that a student had landed off the landing area and injured his ankle
because he landed on a Rattlesnake, his injury was minor, the snake died before medical personnel could arrive. My condolences to the reptiles family.
Blues skies?

....this one time....at band camp...

okay, this one time at Skydance, this lady landed on a rabbit in the high grass. She broke it's back, and it had to be "finished".

She felt aweful, and to ease her pain, we started calling her "Bunny Killer"

Sad but true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Damn bunny killers. Stick to Kittens.

This other time at Skydance, a tandem instructor landed on the sunset load. While picking up his canopy he could of sworn he saw it move, but when he looked around he could not figure it out.

So he takes it to the packer, who packs it up.

The next morning another instructor takes a student for a ride, and during opening while looking up at the canopy he sees a jack rabbit (deceased) fall out of the center cell, clip the students head on it's way by, and spin in on it's way to the ground.

No shit! The DZO was so amused he sent a "incident/fatality report" to RWS (the manufacturer) via fax that weekend describing the incident. The Name of the deceased was "Jack A. Rabbit".

Mark Procos, and TK Donely were not amused at first as they had only briefly skimed the report and saw the words "deceased" and "Incident":D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

EXCELLENT PACKER!
If he can pack the parachute + a rabbit into the bag and the container maybe he's the one to help me out with my new Set400 ZP tandem canopy...
:S

Could it be that this didn't happen as described?
B|

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

Upon further investigation it was found that the rattlesnake was already dead and partially consumed by some other desert dweller. So much for the cool story. Shit.

YOU CAN'T change the story, I already informed Jody a student got chomped on by an angry rattler.

And on the subject of packing things into rigs....I REALLY REALLY hated the Cobalt's funky openings....until I picked a rather large heavy lump of clay from Perris' student landing area out of one of the cells.
Duh......:$:|:o:o

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

That's not casting my friend, that's pointing fingers. Tell me you've never made a mistake. And tell me you're contracting at the finest most safety conscious DZ on the planet. You PERSONALLY are good at what you do but have no control over the surroundings at wich you choose to work and play. No DZ is perfect and the one you play at is no exception.

Do you have any Skyflyers available to demo?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

That's not casting my friend, that's pointing fingers.

Then pointing it is. Anyone that doesnt take the time to make sure to take out something the size of a small rabbit shouldnt be packing.

Tell me you've never made a mistake.

Ok. I have never made that kind of mistake.

And tell me you're contracting at the finest most safety conscious DZ on the planet. You PERSONALLY are good at what you do but have no control over the surroundings at wich you choose to work and play.

Wrong. I do have control of my surroundings. If I happen to see something I do not like or think is unsafe I do not hesitate to say something.

No DZ is perfect and the one you play at is no exception.

Nobody ever said any DZ was perfect, everyone has the choice to jump or not jump at any particular DZ.

Do you have any Skyflyers available to demo?

Yes. I have an S1 that should fit you.

-
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

And just for Betsy . . .

Eeek a snake - Oh Nooooo it's a Snake - - Badger badger badger badger badger. . . .

:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Upon further investigation it was found that the rattlesnake was already dead and partially consumed by some other desert dweller. So much for the cool story. Shit.

Actually Gordo, I ate the snake. Landed a bit out and was hungry. Sorry for the confusion and next time I will discard the body.

Eric

I would'nt worry too much about landing on snakes, I've lived here 3 years and the only ones I have seen were the ones I had search for. They are for the most part nocturnal because their bodies cannot regulate heat hence you won't see many in daylight.
Just try not to stick your hand in any holes. And besides with Eric the snake eater around, we're safe.