andyflylife

CANT REACH THE SLIDER...TO COLLAPSE IT!!

Jumped my first zp canopy the other day and it had a collapsible slider which my own present rig doesn't have. After dumping the main and pumping the slider down with rear risers i checked airspace etc..etc then completely forgot about collapsing the slider. When i released the brakes the slider got my attention by bashing hell out of the lines. I then tried to collapse it and discovered i couldn't reach the tabs!!
Although i had the toggles in my hands making it difficult to work i still thought that i'd be able to do it. i'm not abnormally small or anything but the rig was a bit of a loose fit on me causing the arm straps to lift off my shoulders.
Could this be the problem??
Has anyone had this problem?? Any solutions??:S

Blue skies

"swooper 24/7, 365!"
ME on Myspace
My Project playlist

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, but I can't reach mine because me arms are small (probably not abnormally so, thought). I am jumping a student rig, but it is on the smaller side, so that isn't the problem. I'm looking for a rig to buy, and I will get shorter risers.

It's really not a big deal. I never touch my slider. Not only because I can't reach it, but I'd rather be flying and paying attention to what is going on around me, then messing with my slider and booties.

I'm not into a big fast swoop, so collapsing the slider isn't that important to me.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

A tug on the front risers will bring your slider down better than rears. However, at 94 jumps, you're probably (hopefully) jumping something big and don't need long risers (and probably have a lot of front riser pressure).
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Try collapsing the slider before unstowing the toggles. I have that problem on one of my rigs; sometimes I'll have to grab a rear riser and climb up a little to get ahold of the slider.

Obviously if you do this make sure your airspace is clear first.

-Sandy

I can reach my slider better if I collapse it before unstowing the toggles...plus, that way, you don't have to worry about toggles in your hands while you're messing with the slider. only takes a second. As soon as I open, I look around and make sure there's nobody else around, and then go for the slider.

I jumped a rig from Square1 where I couldn't reach the slider, not because the risers were too long, but because the main lift web was too long.

Thanks for everyones tips and advice on the subject!!
As it happens ive now jumped some more kit with a collapsible slider and the harness fitted me properly, the result was that i could reach the slider NO problem.
Cool as a cucumber!!!!:P

Blue skies everyone!!!

;)

"swooper 24/7, 365!"
ME on Myspace
My Project playlist

the rig was a bit of a loose fit on me causing the arm straps to lift off my shoulders.
Could this be the problem??

There is your problem. The rig is to big for you unless you are leaving the leg straps to loose. Or the risers may be to long for your arms.
Dom