Vertifly

Hello, my name is _______, and I <insert stupidity here>...

My name is Frank and 5 days ago I swooped a General Officer... which was stupid because...

He had come to inspect the DZ (military facility) and do his AFF L1 and the CCI had asked us to come in like students and flare at the right height to show him how it was supposed to be done...

In my defence, it was a really small swoop (Spectre 170 loaded at 1.15) and I when I saw him standing in the middle of the PLA I couldn't resist it!! :P

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

"Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full."

As with many mistakes, you'll be able to look back on this one and laugh. As long as the Colonel (or whatever) wasn't in harms way, or was he? If I could swoop onto a dime, I'da done the same thing.

A good swoop isn't something that brass should be able to prevent. IMHO. :D It's not like you're planning on hooking it over the next Normandy Beach invasion... or are you?

Well I did toy with hooking it over Baghdad airport but I saw the light on that one and reckoned I would rather have a load more jumps in the UK and US rather than one last one over Iraq!!B|

I would definitely have been putting that one in this thread... I was stupid to risk all those twitchy itchy trigger fingered sentries!!:o:)

Especially since I don't have a camera helmet - no point in doing it without video!!

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

I was coming in to land, right on the cross on a no-wind day. There was a group of tandem student's relatives about 3 yards from where I was headed. Toes, knees, face, toes, knees, face, toes, knees, face. Tangled in lines, grass in my teeth. Stood up, smiled at them all, and one of them was a patient of mine (I'm a psychologist).Die with yer boots on.

Beeeeeer!

Hello. My name is Brent, and I tore my reserve pin cover sliding on my back down the road while trying to cut away my main, which was dragging me.

Lesson - Don't jump a light wing loading in 20 mph gusts.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

Hi all,

Here's my stupidity:

I was jumping in Bellefeuille (Quebec, Canada) with a huge-ass 260 square feet (normaly 210).

The jump went well (practicing saltos and tracking , 23 rd jump).

Then under a perfect canopy, I look at the winds at about 1000.

Began the final approach while realizing I'm moving really fast. Landed in the bushes without getting hurt, except for the fact that I looked like a dummy.

What happened : I landed downwind with knowing it. I though I had checked the winds at 1000 but it looks like I mislook or forgot the wind direction. I landed in the "usual" direction.

What I should have done :

- Look at the winds before getting in the plane. I was rushed so I forgot.

- Take a better look at the winds and how people land before I do.

I got lucky and the bushes were really welcoming.

What would have happened if I was jumping the usual 210 or 190 I'm planning to jump in the near future?

"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset....people DIE!!!"