cvfd1399

Woo Hoo new suit// swoop cord set-up?

My suit is huge to slow my fall rate ;)
Tony almost choked to death on his coffee when I told him my height, weight, and average fall rate of 143 belly to earth:D

It has all the grippers, 2 knives, and inflatable "afterburners" which I can't wait to try. It is mesh sewn into the legs(small black rectangle in picture) that allow airflow into pouches in side the legs. And of course full length swoop cords. Order/Delivery time was 5 weeks.

The swoop cords should be long enough that if you're flying in the Boxman or mantis position you won't put tension on the cords until you rotate your wrists forward & out (and/or bring your arms forward just a smidge more, too).

This gives you the ability to adjust the tension on the wings as you wish, on demand.

Now, for todays safetly lesson, always put the swoop cords on last....never put them on under your gloves or altimeter. With some suits, you may not be able to reach very far up with the cords on.

On my old RW suit, I had to remove the swoop cords before I could reach my toggles. I could reach the risers fine, but was stopped about 2-3" away from the toggles.

As always, YMMV...keep adjusting the cords until you think you have it about right, then have an experienced RW flyer take a look at them while you're wearing the suit. :)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™