skyravn67

The Crash and the Mirage

As most of you read back in February, I was in a skydiving plane crash. Since then, I have been recovering from four broken vertebrae, one compression and a sprained ankle. As a result of trying to keep working and physical therapy, I am behind on some, "Thank You's."

I want to thank all the skydivers that came to the hospital, those that sent me cards and gifts, those that called, those that looked in on me, those that helped with chores and Dropzone.com - our community.

I also want to thank Jeff J. at Mirage. As a result of the crash, the paramedics and life flight had to cut off my rig. While recovering, I was unsure whether to send my less than one-year-old rig in for a rebuild and have "gear fear" concerns or just simply purchase a new one.

A fellow skydiver posted an inquiry here on dropzone.com requesting information about a rebuild versus a new rig. Within an hour or so, I was contacted by Jeff J. who spoke with me in great length and detail about the reconstructive process. His assurances, time and offer to personally rebuild it was greatly appreciated. Jeff rebuilt it with his own hands and after its return, I took it out to the drop zone to show it off and get it put back together.

And, while it looked like a brand new rig from the factory, I knew that one person had taken an inordinate amount of time to personally unstitch and rebuild this rig. That in itself gives me the confidence to jump this rig again. And, needless to say, I think Mirage and the folks at Mirage ROCK!

Thank you all and thank you, Jeff.
Doc

I only hear the best about the folks at Mirage Systems - Nodays so much of this industry is propelled by customer service, Mirage really has made itself stand out above the rest....

Glad to hear it man, keep us all informed on your your doing...
=========Shaun ==========

As most of you read back in February, I was in a skydiving plane crash.

I also want to thank Jeff J. at Mirage. As a result of the crash, the paramedics and life flight had to cut off my rig. While recovering, I was unsure whether to send my less than one-year-old rig in for a rebuild and have "gear fear" concerns or just simply purchase a new one.

First off, I am glad to hear your recovered/recovering. My question is as to why you would have gear fear for a plane crash. Is it just the thought of having the harness cut apart and then put back together or is it something else?? I am just curious as I have seen gear fear from people when something happens with the gear in an incident. Not saying that having it cut apart is not an incident but I am curious if that is it or if it was related to the plane crash??

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

My question is as to why you would have gear fear for a plane crash. Is it just the thought of having the harness cut apart and then put back together

I think he was concerned about the integrity of the H/C, not related to the plane.

A fellow skydiver posted an inquiry here on dropzone.com requesting information about a rebuild versus a new rig. Within an hour or so, I was contacted by Jeff J. who spoke with me in great length and detail about the reconstructive process.

Very cool!
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Does sdctic want to become a harness manufacturer or a rigger or is he already one. I can give think of plenty of reasons why to have "gear fear" after having my rig cut off my body. Anyways, Mirage is a very expensive product but customer service is outstanding. I use a Javelin because I like the product and it is comparable and more affordable but the staff at Mirage is a step above the rest in my opinion.

I was concerned about the integrity of the H/C after being cut -up and rebuilt; not related to the plane. Those concerns were dissuaded by Jeff.

Geeze people calm down, I just had a question. I was not bashing him or anything I just did not understand, hense the question. I have seen people get scared of somethig for different reasons. End result is that I am glad he is OK, his gear is fixed and that is is getting out to the DZ again!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"