DALAILAMA

Hunter Ellis jumps with the Golden Knights

Hunter Ellis from the History channels Tactical to Practical television show did his first AFF jump today with members of the Golden Knights.
The jump, originally planned for yesterday, was interrupted due to bad weather. Hunter gladly changed his flight plans and waited out the high winds until today. The jump went so smoothly the instructors gave no hand and arm signals whatsoever. Immediately after the jump since time and weather were on their side the instructors offered Hunter the opportunity to jump again and without hesitation he lept at the chance. (no pun intended) The second dive went as effortless as the first for the instructors and both jumps were finished off with perfect landings. Hunter, A retired F-18 pilot and adventurist, said that it was without a doubt the most exhilarating thing he had ever done. His instructors were SFC Ken (KB) Brown and SFC Kurt Isenbarger. SGT Dave Wherley, SSG Bryan Schnell and SFC Greg Windmiller were the videographers. The next AFF student on the agenda for the Golden Knights Tandem team is former President George Bush at his library in College Station, TX on the 13th of June. This will be his 3rd AFF jump and it is in celebration of his 80th birthday.
I am attempting to attach some photos, but the conspirators who invented the computers are working with the the trolls against me! Stupid technology!
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

Dude, you sure that was a Level 1? The exit looks too perfect and his arch looks great. Did he get some tunnel time prior to the jump? If not, he either gets it and/or had good instruction. B| I know he did a tandem with some SEALs in the past, but it looks weird with a Navy guy jumping Army equipment. :P

Dude, you sure that was a Level 1? The exit looks too perfect and his arch looks great.

Don't all your Level I student's exits look that pristine? ;)

LTDIVER

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Dude, you sure that was a Level 1? The exit looks too perfect and his arch looks great.

Don't all your Level I student's exits look that pristine? ;)

LTDIVER

Yeah, but I never got any stills! :ph34r: ...and those that are on video are probably on Jay's Oh shit tape.:D
:S

Sounds good to me, I will be looking forward to it!
We did have him in the tunnel for a few minutes, but he is just the kind of guy you tell to do something once and he does it perfectly, he is a natural at everything......wait a minute I hate people like that (just kidding)
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

Yeah, it was for the show, I don't know when it is going to air but when it does I will post the info.
He was wearing an altimeter it is on his left wrist. We have 5 or 6 student rigs for our internal AFF courses we run for the team or celebrities. We have administrative personnel and aircraft crewchiefs that are not jumpers so we try and run an AFF course about two times a year to get them qualified. It is kind of a reward type tool since they are all so good at their jobs and it also helps us. When you work with and deal with skydiving every day it helps if the administrative personnel have an idea about what it is we do and what better way than to walk the walk. We produce some pretty amazing students. The last female we graduated on her level 7 she did a L-360, R-360, backloop, L-360, R-360, frontloop, tracked for 6 seconds and then still had time to get together and do two way w/ 360's

Dalailama,

Itws great to see ya after such a long time. I think your right it was 99 in Hopkinsville when the wings came up to do a little joint training. We will be in your neck of the woods all next week, maybe we coulkd steal a bit of advice from you and your team mates too. Maybe you'll be willing to be a reference for my packet? Have a safe flight saturday.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!