Daryl87

Parents won't let me jump

I just turned 18 and jumped. I had to wait 4 years, and now that I have finally jumped I wished I would have learned to pack chutes like everyone told me. I am very quickly becoming broke and need to leave the nest. One way to get where i NEED to go is slow down on the skydiving if that's what it takes but who wants to do that?

-Richy

I doubt his [Daryl87] parents' concerns are financial. More likely they don't want to blame themselves if he is injured or worse. That would be a very large burden for them to carry. Also, the comment about patience is very applicable. This is definitely a sport that requires patience.(weather,high learning curve, etc...)

I really want to learn to skydive but I am only 17 and a couple of months, my parents won't sign the waiver forms to let me jump though, they say they don't mind if I jump when I am 18 but they want nothing to do with the decision, is there any way I can get round this and jump or am I going to have to wait till I'm 18?

Wait until you're legally allowed to sign the waivers youself. No reputable drop zone or instructor is going to expose themselves to that kind liablity. I didn't make my first jump until I was 28. You've got plenty of time, and hardly any time to wait. In the meantime, lurk here, and learn what's happening in the sport, and maybe buy some vidoes and Skydiving magazine to whet your appetite.