palejo

Re: jump tickets increase

We just went from USD 15.00 for club members to 16.50. Non-members pay an extra 2.00.

If you are in the Northeastern United States, come join us at The Ranch, or check DZ's in your own area for lower rates. Each DZ sets prices based on their own costs, and often those costs are driven by jumper requested amenities. Fewer amenities will often mean lower prices. Likewise, non-profit clubs can often charge less than commercial centers.

Although we would all like to pay less, jump prices are still pretty cheap. I graduated from a student program and began paying experienced rates in 1981. At that time the standard jump price was a dollar per thousand feet, with some "expensive" drop zones charging an extra dollar or two. Most jumps were made from about 7,500 feet, but we sometimes brought the Cessna up to 12,500 and paid USD 12.50 for the experience.

Given the increases in insurance, maintenance, and fuel over the past 20 years, I've got to consider today's prices pretty reasonable.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

It's $22 to 11k around here, but that wasn't cause the gas was going up. It was for a plane that still isn't flying and "donation" to a fund I would never donate to.

Sounds like big "Fuck You" from the DZO - no matter how he says it.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's $22 to 11k around here, but that wasn't cause the gas was going up. It was for a plane that still isn't flying and "donation" to a fund I would never donate to.

Are you guys still on about that? Go find another dropzone and quit whining

Are you guys still on about that? Go find another dropzone and quit whining

I did better that that...I quit skydiving. So I can say anything I want to with out getting kicked off a DZ. :)
Fly it like you stole it!

Still $15 to 13.5k at Skydive San Diego... Super Twin Otter & Caravan... fantastic view, stable wind, great people ...life is good!

Russ

Generally, it is your choice; will your life serve as an example... or a warning?