bigway

max weight for AFF

ok, so i have been jumping for a few years now and am always raving ont to a mate of mine about the sport. He is desperatley keen on fronting up his cash to do the AFF and then his own gear if need be. The problem is in my country, none of my mates will teach him as he is weighing in at 105kg's. he is a built guy, not over weight at all just a full on cut rugby player. I have contacted other mates that teach aff around my country but no one is interested. Can anyone tell me where this bloke and what country he can do his AFF course in. I have been showing him all my vid's and he is just amped and ready to get into it. I am from new zealand and we have a max weight of 100kg's for the course.
If anyone knows anywhere, travel is not a problem as we are in the u.k. and heading to the states after watching the world champs.
Blue skies and few clouds.
BIGWAY.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

call Z-Hills.not sure what the absolute is but have seen some fat fokkers come through. I'm sure they will take into account his physical condition. I'm also pretty sure they have a new 300ft Navigator.
It's worth a phone call.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

...he is weighing in at 105kg's.

Unless I'm really messing up my math, that's only 230 lbs or so. When I did my AFF I was 265. The biggest guy I've seen jump, level 1 AFF at my dropzone, in Coolidge, was 320. I can't imagine your friend would have much problem finding a place to jump.

...he is weighing in at 105kg's.

Unless I'm really messing up my math, that's only 230 lbs or so. When I did my AFF I was 265. The biggest guy I've seen jump, level 1 AFF at my dropzone, in Coolidge, was 320. I can't imagine your friend would have much problem finding a place to jump.

231, to be precise.

A lot of DZs limit at 220 or 225 because with the rig that translates to an exit weight of 255, the normal max. But there are containers rated for 275 or 300lbs available, though I know Perris charged a bit more for its use. Skydances bigger rige were only the higher rating.

The biggest catch I've found is that you may be limited to AFF rigs as rentals until you can land a WL of 1.1 The gear shops I've been to have 230s for rent, but nothing larger.