DrStrangelove

When did you move to throwout deployment?

The good Doc has certainly opened the door on ripcord ,BOC ripcord and BOC TAP with or without strip BOCs.For those who started on anything other than a true BOCTAP , would you please comment on your conversion process ,ie time taken, No and type of jumps etc..Can I also ask for thoughts on 2 action systems and SOS gear with the main deployment systems mentioned above.
Ta,
Mike

The good Doc has certainly opened the door on ripcord ,BOC ripcord and BOC TAP with or without strip BOCs.For those who started on anything other than a true BOCTAP , would you please comment on your conversion process ,ie time taken, No and type of jumps etc..Can I also ask for thoughts on 2 action systems and SOS gear with the main deployment systems mentioned above.

I don't really remember my converson from MLW-R/C to ROL-throwout. I think it was somewhere around 25-30 jumps and probably took about half an hour to switch me on deployment method and EP's (SOS to DOS). I was back on the SOS system when I had a cutaway on jump 33, but have two cutaways on DOS systems since. Switching from ROL to BOC was essentially no conversion, just remember where it is. Actually, I remember a 15-jump stretch at around jump 55 in which I jumped about 5 rigs that were somehow different than the others, and I never jumped the same rig twice in a row. Every time I walked to the airplane, I'd go through my deployment and emergency procedures until I felt I could remember them for the next half hour. Mind you some of the changes were minimal, e.g. presence or lack of an AAD or RSL. That wasn't a very wise series of jumps and I wouldn't recommend it for another low-timer, but what the hell, I lived through it.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

on my first jump off static line is when i went to BOC.
that's how we used to do all of our student's at my dad's old place (we didn't offer AFF).

at richmond, they just converted to all aff's being BOC, they used to be ripcord, and no one would transition until they had their A really.

later