firstime

pilot chute out in plane

caught a buzz about a student throwing his pilot chute out in the plane just when woken. If this is in fact the same person' we had a problem with him at our DZ. I am being vague because I dont know the whole story, but if it's fact we all need to know who
this person is. PM if you must otherwise post to the public. This really concerned me big time.

Definately.

They have these alarm clocks now that have a soft musical beeping sound that slowly increases in volume and intensity till you shut it off.

I recommend one of those.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

They have these alarm clocks now that have a soft musical beeping sound that slowly increases in volume and intensity till you shut it off.

Come to think of it, my Dytter and alarm clock do sound very similar.;)
Blue Skies
SoftNotes
"That's not flying.... that's falling with style!"

How the hell can you reach back and grab your PC sitting on the floor of the Otters at the Ranch? I was so crammed in there that I could'nt reach there if I wanted to half the time.

Post more details.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

the humor was cool, but this was a real time incident
at the ranch,NY last week.

That's so unreal. That guy is a real hazard, and sounds like he's wrapped too tight. I still have a hard time imagining someone being that disoriented.

Being banned from all DZ's is kind of a stretch. The USPA can take away your license for gross safety violations, but there are a lot of non-USPA places you could still jump. And because it happened in NY, I doubt if Perris or Elsinore have banned the guy. Do you know?

again Eric, I dont know all of the details but I do know he was barred from from all DZ's after this incident

That makes it seem pretty far fetched. If he was banned from every DZ you would know the name, so would a lot more of us. Unless you provide more detail this is going to be written off as a big joke :| (Which I would guess it is)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

the original post was not intended to be a joke. I
read these forums to stay informed and post to
inform others of safety issues. I will find more on
this tomorrow and if it turns out to be bogus I will
gladly take the heat, if it is true, our whole community needs to know who he is.

In Firstime's defense, while I don't know the details, I jump at The Ranch, this guy is here and he's creating quite a stir.

At The Ranch, the student area is well separated from the experienced area so I personally haven't met this guy, but his reputation has become well known around the DZ.

Again, I don't know the specifics so I won't attempt to ellaborate, but this guy does have some serious issues.

Second hand info is that while the school (which is a completely separate entity from The Ranch Parachute Club) is training him, his money will be worthless 'on the other side.'

Nobody is trying to flame anyone here, which is why this person's name hasn't been posted at this time.
And I don't have any desire to instigate or perpetuate rumors et cetera, but Firstime's concerns have a strong foundation in reality.

Stay safe,
Mike

If you're gonna' be stupid, well, then you're most likely stupid.

Am i missing something? What is the big deal here? From what I am reading somebody (a student) fell asleep and when he was woken up he threw out his pilot chute...ok, so? Yes, that is erratic behavior, but unless the door was open what is the big deal? I would think his jm's would have dealt with the situation appropriately. Now if he popped his reserve that would be a different story...

Why must the entire community know who this person is? Unless he has narcolepsy (sp?) i dont see the need to alarm the entire skydiving world???

unless there are a number of facts missing this just isnt making any sense...

So basically the guy was sleeping and was startled awake and tossed his pilot chute?

Yes___

No___

I've met people that will punch what's ever in front of them when startled awake.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

>good plan....don't fall asleep on the plane

Thats 10 minutes of additional sleep per load, thats about an extra hour - hour and a half per day. I'll sleep when ever I can on the planes.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

>good plan....don't fall asleep on the plane

Thats 10 minutes of additional sleep per load, thats about an extra hour - hour and a half per day. I'll sleep when ever I can on the planes.

Somebody should be awake to watch the pilot. There have been instances of the pilot falling asleep.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Somebody should be awake to watch the pilot. There have been instances of the pilot falling asleep.

I was on a chartered flight in a small twin a couple weeks ago. The pilot started slapping himself in the face during the descent to wake himself up. I assume he was half kidding around, but I was glad there was a copilot! :)
Dave