peek

"Loaner" gear at your DZ

I hear ya. Actually, when I couldn't find it I was getting nervous about having to cough up the cost myself. Then once I got on the ground I discovered from everyone that I wasn't responsible, but still felt a bit guilty (just my personality I guess).

The gear at this dropzone (Skydive Space Center) is always in top shape and with the number of jumps I have paid rentals on I have already paid over $2500 towards rental gear anyway. At their $800-900 actual cost direct from the manufacture (what they told me), I assure you they still did well on this transaction. :)

PcCoder.net

Hi Gary

Damn your a nasty troublemaker asking a question like that.

Reminds me of the thread from the student who found out after he spent the big bucks on AFF he had to find another DZ to jump at.

I guess since you let the cat out of the bag on this "additional source of cash flow for the "student industry" the solution is for the students to inquire befor they sign up for AFF($$$$) about the cost of using the DZ's gear after they complete AFF and if they'll even still be allowed to jump there.

I'm considering trying to sign up the DZ's around the country for the rights to charge jumpers, visitors etc, for parking cars at the DZ.:)
Business is Business!

R.I.P.

I know. It just comes down to finances. I chose what I did when I did. However, I did pay off over $20,000 of debt last year and now owe nothing. No credit cards, no car payment, nothing. And I am paying cash for my gear which arrives next week. It's just a matter of personal choice.

PcCoder.net