SkySlut

Texas Dropzones & GWB

GWB is coming to town up here in Maine and he is shutting us down for a 3rd year in a row. We have called Senators, Governors, USPA, FAA, the White House, the Secret Service, etc. and have gotten nowhere. I was wondering if there have been any issues with Texas DZs while he is in Crawford? I know that there have been some exemptions to the TFRs, how did they happen??? Any ideas. I am trying to call Skydive Temple as they seem to be the closest to his hometown, but nobody has been answering. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I havent looked at a sectional map, but the driving directions from Skydive Temple to Crawford was 48 miles. I know that he must spend most of his time on the ranch, but I would venture a guess that he does get out every once and a while...so does it affect anyone down there when he goes out for a happy meal?

Not that I've heard of, I haven't heard of any DZ in TX regularly shut down due to the TFRs, although there have been a couple sunday afternoons shot to hell around H-town from what I understand.

Edit: I don't jump in Salado, so I don't know for sure, but I haven't heard of it happening.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I jump at Temple, which is actually in Salado now, and we're far enough away that we aren't affected by the TFR, but just barely. Although we have had an F16 roll in on one of our cessnas that got a little too close. [:/] I think y'all might be screwed.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Don't know if it effects Skydive Dallas or not (probably closed today anyway) but Air Force One is sitting right outside my office window at Dallas Love Field and the airport is closed for the next two hours. >:(>:(
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Skydive San Marcos has been shut down several times due to GWB flying into Austin Bergstrom, we have tried to obtain clearance, and even with SSM being one of only two D.O.D certified DZ's in the country they said absolutely not

Spaceland has also been shut down when the President flies into Ellington Field. The DZO has talked to FAA, Secret Service, USPA, ect. to no avail. The last time was during the 40-way weekend.

DZO filed a flight plan to Beaumont and we were allowed to leave, jump into Beaumont, do two or three more jumps, and then fly back into Spaceland under another flight plan.

The restriction is for VFR flights. Unfortunately, we skydivers are also VFR so even if the pilot is on instrument under a flight plan we cannot get out of the plane.

Blue skies,

Jim

I jump at Temple, which is actually in Salado now, and we're far enough away that we aren't affected by the TFR, but just barely. Although we have had an F16 roll in on one of our cessnas that got a little too close. [:/] I think y'all might be screwed.

Yeah, that....

Skydive Temple is far enough out that we're not affected when he's there, but we have been shut down for an hour here or there when he's flying in or out - especially if he flies into Fort Hood. Its generally not a big deal for us however.

Oh, and that too!

B|

Ahaaa!!! I think that we arent screwed. We attained permision yesterday!!! Although we are going to have a secret service guy on the plane all weekend...Whoooohoooo!!!!

Ahaaa!!! I think that we arent screwed. We attained permision yesterday!!! Although we are going to have a secret service guy on the plane all weekend...Whoooohoooo!!!!

I think that is awesome! I am glad to see some cooperation.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

That's kick ass. And a good precedent. Maybe we can get a Secret Service guy too. I'm sure he'd love sitting on the floor of our 4 person Cessnas all day :D

Just don't put Voodew, Sam or Juju on the plane with them.:o They will shut you guys down for sure!!:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Maybe we can get a Secret Service guy too. I'm sure he'd love sitting on the floor of our 4 person Cessnas all day

It would have to be a secret service midget with a wee little e-rig, so we could still get 4 in the plane and be semi-comfy (and keep it within weight).
:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hey now---we are proffesional jackasses I mean AFF instructors---The secret service would love to hear us sing(voodew & Juju) Roxanne by sting and smell the lovely farts of Sammy.

I hope they like smoke cause eveyone knows Forrest chain smokes

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

You could solve all the problems if GWB would just join you and Jump like SR :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

well...here is an update. The secret service is a bit too busy apparently so we had to buy our own security for the day. We have local police and US Marshals that are going to be on the plane and on the ground at all times. So we got to pay them to be here but its better than the alternative. We also have to be in constant communication with the Manchester/Portland towers.

Also, an FYI - we know people who know people and a call was made to the Sr. I guess him being on this months cover of Parachutist couldnt hurt. I am not quite sure what made this thing happen other than a buttload of work on our part, but hey...we are jumping!!! Whooohoooo!