Reginald

200th Jump and C License in 1 Year

Well, my first year has been great. I started as a struggling student last August. With weather and other limiting factors it took me until January to get my license at about 30 jumps. Since then I’ve got 170 jumps, joined a rookie division 4 way team, competed in the Texas Skydiving League, traveled to 5 different DZ’s in 3 states, spent 2 hours in a wind tunnel, met some great people and made some great friends.

This last weekend was a good one. I celebrated my 200th jump (which was my last requirement for my C license) by doing a 7 way with some friends and people that helped me develop and grow in the sport. Three of the guys on the jump have thousands of jumps and will legitimately compete for the national gold in 4 way in the open category in Perris next month and the others were my coach and some of his teammates (all of whom have at least 500 more jumps than I do). We planed to launch the 7 way and then form a 3 way and 2, 2 ways - spin the pieces, move into an open accordion and then back to a round. On exit we funneled! My favorite memory of the jump was forming back after the funnel and looking into everyone’s eyes as we were all laughing at ourselves! We were all having fun! We completed the page without a problem. This was not serious team training nor a high pressure jump but just a bunch of guys having fun. What a blast! I think it was more fun because we funneled!

One of the things I love about this sport is the camaraderie and how willing the experienced people are to befriend us low timers and help teach and develop us. I want to thank everyone that has helped and befriended me it the last year…no names are needed as they know who they are. I only hope I can pay it forward. I look forward to my next year!

Blue Skies,
Ron
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Congrats... at the rate I am going, I should have about 120 or so a year from now... hopefully I have will have my "A" by the end of next week. ;)

They go much, much faster once you get your license.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP