Lesuer

When did you start

Hey Paul,
my son was the one who got me involved in this sport. I did my 1st tandem 5 years ago but got the
infectous bug last year. Now my son and his friends
think I am a raving lunatic. I keep telling my son that I am spending his inheritence. I usually do alot of stuff with my kids but they were really taken back when I pursued skydiving. His 1st mistake was when
I hesitated on my 1st jump....he called my a pussy.

I kiss him on the forehead everytime I see him and
he f$%cking hates it. LMAO

Did my first tandem at 19.
Started Aff a few months later at 20 and have been jumping less than a year now. I think i'm the youngest jumper at my dz... well i haven't met anyone younger as yet.
:)

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

I did 6 IAD jumps last summer at age 39 and then went state side this July and did my AFF course and now have 54 jumps...........

Was a great 5 weeks.

--------------------------------------
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Started when i was 19, which i still am now. Most jumpers at my dz have professional careers and a fair bit of money, where as im just working for cash right now before i start education so it does make it a little difficult (and different) for me. I manage though :P

We had two friends both in their 60's do AFF1 a few weeks ago.

I started 4 months ago - I'm 23. I had 2 (and a half!) jobs to pay my way through AFF, but it was so worth it. Now it's finally getting a little cheaper. I'm so glad I started now, and not in 10 or 20 years time. Although I could definately afford it more then, but I guess it just depends how much you want something. You definately have to prioritise!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

I started 2 years ago today:)I did my 1st jump AFF1 2 weeks after my 39th Birthday:)I did my 300th jump 2 weeks afetr my 41st birthday:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I wanted to jump since I was a kid, jumping off the swing and pretending to pull a ripcord. In 1979 an old classmate happened into the store where I worked and mentioned that he & a friend had jumped earlier that year at a place near Albany, NY (about four hours away) and were going to try again. I said "wow", etc., and they invited me along. Went, trained, got weathered out. The following week I borrowed Mom's car & returned, got weathered out. (They never jumped again.)
Returned the following year with a friend, retrained, got weathered out. Two years later (1982) retrained, jumped, broke my ankle. Came back the following year, jumped, did the PLF correctly, stayed with it... Have frequently thought about how much easier life would be if one day I decided I didn't want to do this anymore.

Cheers,

Jon

42 here when I started. . .and can I say WOW. . .

I love this sport. . .hobby, , ,addiction. . .thing
FGF #6
Darcy

My first jump was a tandem on my 30th birthday just this past June. I started AFP a month later. I couldn't imagine doing it in my 20's, not having the time or money for it while in college. But now I just bought an expensive condo, so I still don't have the money! :S

Oh well, now it's more a matter of priorities than lack of money coming in. I just have to keep convincing my husband that's its a good thing to spend our money on! ;)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I was 22 in 1977 when I first tasted the sky courtesy of Us Army Special Forces. After getting out of the army and having 4 kids, I laid off until they were grown. I was 46 (2001). THAT WAS WAY TOO LONG OF A DEPARTURE!! But I've been trying to make up for lost time.

edited because my punctuation sucks

I was 31 when I made my first tandem. You know, that once in a lifetime jump on your birthday.

Well, 5 years later and I can't get out there enough.

And I had my first reserve ride on my 11th jump, as well, as my first broken bone ever on my 10th. Talk about thinking someone was trying to tell me something.

But since then, it's all FANTASTIC! I wouldn't have traded it for the world.

Larry

Larry A-43434

A week after my 18th birthday...
now that I am almost 22 in Sept. and only have 10 jumps so far, you can tell I aint no sugar mama....
ah well, 2 more yrs. of college, then I'm moving to Florida, getting a REAL job, and I'll be able to jump all the time...

ah,the young, single life...no kids, no husband, no rent or taxes
FREEDOM!!!!

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I was 18 when I started in 1974, but like you was 47 when I re-started last year after a 22 year break.

I think God was telling you He likes you and isn't going to let anything happen to you IF you're careful. Good job & congrats by the way. Now you know what the handles are for and that it isn't such an almighty big deal after all (well, sorta...).

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Celebrated my 50th with a tandem since it was something I'd always wanted to do. Thought it would be a one time thing, but the tandem jump was so awesome I wanted to try an AFF jump. Did a level one AFF jump and loved that even more than the tandem. After level 1 they gave me the syllabus for level 2 in case I wanted to continue. Hell yeah, I wanted to do it again, and again, and again! I've never been this addicted to anything before. I love it and don't ever want to stop! :)

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller