jenp9k

cessna toe hang exit

I've done it.

The first time I tried it (~50 jumps) I couldn't do it. It's actually quite difficult.

I tried it again around like 80ish jumps and got it.

Climb out on the strut, then bring your knees up to your chest, and quickly swing your ass into the same place your knees were just at, then hook your toes onto the wing and hang.

Be careful though. If you have a big step on your Cessna, you could easily hit your head on exit if you're not paying attention.

It's fun stuff. If you get it...hang there and enjoy it for a second, 'cause it's hard to get there. ;)

Also...you might wanna wait till you have your A to try this stuff so you don't piss off your DZO or whatever.

Word

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Anyone out there ever done it? I really want to try it. Any thoughts tips instructions?
Jen

First tip: Wait until you have a lot more jumps.

When you are ready, hang as far out on the strut as you can get. Have the pilot quickly drop the nose as you lift your knees and legs up to the wing. As your feet connect the pilot can level the nose/wings. Once everything is stable put some tension in your ankles and let go of the strut. Keep your left hand near the step to push off if you slip. It's fun and easy, and in time you won't need the added help from the pilot.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

First, wear soft shoes. If seen big dents in the leading edge from this.
Second, clear it with the owner of the plane. I've seen pissed off aircraft owners fuming over dents in the leading edge.
Third, tell the pilot not to help you with a negative "G". I've seen people get their bell rung smacking the underside of the wing.
Finally, get more experience. There are a ton of ways to go from a cessna and they're all fun, toe hangs are a little advanced at 14 jumps.
:)
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Any thoughts tips instructions?

Reach as far out to the top end of the strut as you can. Keep your feet on the outer edge of the step. Kick forward off the step hard, and use your belly muscles to pull and swing your legs up in front of you, head high. At the same time, you do kind of a "chip up" on the strut - you don't want to hang at full arm extension. Hook your feet over the leading edge of the wing. Curl your feet and toes upward, to help create a solid "hook" position with them. Carefully release your hand grips on the strut, and... your hanging upside-down by your feet, just like a bat!

One big tip: Have the pilot keep the air speed up, instead of getting a "cut". The higher airspeed actually helps hold your legs in position, so that your feet don't slip off the curved edge.

2nd big tip: You grab the far, top end of the strut, so that when you hang upside down, your not dangling over the step, so that when you release, you won't whack the step with your head or shoulder. Beware!

Climb out on the strut, then bring your knees up to your chest, and quickly swing your ass into the same place your knees were just at,

Put you ass up to your chest? Wow!:D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am