D22369

How low would you go??

I'm certain they hear plenty of stupid questions and I have seen them argue their point. They save more lives and make people safe because they listen and talk to the person - they give them the respect they deserve no matter how bad the question may be.

That was an attack at me, not a stupid question.

Stupid questions don't bother me...Hell I WISH more people asked questions...That was an attack.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Yes, it was an attack. No doubt about that.

However, what brought him to that point?

Me asking him if he understood the message I was trying to tell him.

I was asking to see if he understood my point.

If you wish to contiune this...PM me...It's not really related to this thread.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

No, I prefer to go back to lurking this website.

This attack on you isn't the first, and I don't think it will be the last. You are trying to help but how you handle yourself on here stops people from listening. Lack of respect towards an inexperienced jumper will stop others from asking questions not just to you but to others as well. This will only cause more harm in the end. There is tough love, but then there is going over the top.

Lack of respect towards an inexperienced jumper will stop others from asking questions not just to you but to others as well

One could say that lack of respect FROM the inexperienced jumper is the problem.

>I do not like being asked "now do you understand?"

There's no problem with you not liking it; if you really don't like Ron don't read his posts and don't answer him. If you do want to post, follow the rules or you can't post here.

>I don't care how many jumps you have, this is a Forum, and if you
>can't tolerate dissent, then get out.

Good advice.

Then it should make you wonder why you get so little respect while others seem to get more than their fair share.

A. I post a lot.
B. I don't just say screw them and ignore them when they challenge me.

Dude, get a grip...did you see the
Please....

Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway…

First of all, my name is not "Dude".

I have a grip, I just get tired of put jumpers who think is funny in a bag. Under 2000 feet life gets very serious.

The name is Michael (aka Sparky)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Yes, you post a lot. As do others on here but you seem to be the only one that attracts the most disrespect and contempt. I have seen plenty of challenges on this website, but your response to that scenario often borders on a personal attack; it is a very distinct posting pattern of yours.

I could care less if this was any other forum. However, I worry that your personality is dangerous to the sport. Inexperienced jumpers will hesitate to ask a question on here and possibly at their DZ because of the conditioned response they are used to seeing from you.

I am sure you will reply, but I am done with this subject. You have overlooked my point and I am sure you will claim I have overlooked yours. The usefulnes of this discussion seems to be gone and we would most likely be going in circles.

If you need an AAD to do a certain dive...Then you are using bad judgment to do that dive with one.

I'm faced with a wierd personal dilemma on this point. I've always maintained that if you are unwilling to make a particular jump without an AAD, the correct response is to not make the jump (as opposed to getting an AAD). That said, I'm seriously considering buying an AAD in the near future because it seems like a wise thing to wear on AFF jumps (especially for Billvon's reason). So if I'm thinking I should wear one on AFF jumps, does that mean I shouldn't do AFF jumps? Well the way I've rationalized it is this...I'm currently doing AFF jumps without an AAD. That proves I'm *willing* to make the jumps without an AAD. Once the willingness is there, wearing the AAD becomes a result of prudence rather than "need."

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Average joe skydiver, if my hands are still empty at 2000 feet, I'm out. I've been in a similar situation with a student, but I knew he had an AAD, and he wasn't unconscious, just "googly-fucked", so I dumped at ~1900, he saw it and dumped about a second later.

Very few good friends (<5 who don't wear an AAD)...if I'm not in the process of docking by 1500 feet I'm out. In these cases, I'm quite certain that if I *did* get my hands on them, I would not give up till they had a handle pulled, a thousand feet be damned. It's pretty simple really, if you had grips on an unconscious friend at a grand and knew they didn't have an AAD, could you really let go to save yourself without pulling for them first? I seriously doubt I could.

Like Ron, there are a couple people I would chase till impact, but lucky for me, mine are not currently skydivers.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Your decision to do AFF without an AAD would not fly at a lot of dropzones. Here at Raeford all instructors are required to jump with one, therefore there is no personal decision to make. One of my rigs has a CYPRES and the other one is AAD free. I don't "need" to jump with an AAD, but do understand that it is a smart thing to have in my rig, especially when dealing with students on a regular basis.

Chuck

To clarify one thing, a grammatical mistake. I realized it might appear I'm challenging Sangiro's ownership of these forums and that is not the case, nor my intention. The comment was aimed at the same fellow the rest of the comments were aimed at. Sangiro absolutely owns this whole website, it's his property and I absolutely respect that.

I just wish he'd keep the cyber bullies on a leash a little better. I have no regrets about ANYTHING else I said.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !