Airman1270

Zero-P Praise report

Yesterday marked my 12th pack job on my new Triathalon, and the first I was able to approach with some confidence. It took an hour, including breaks, and I probably could have done it in half the time. Not my fastest pack job, but the smoothest to date. Everything was neatly in place, and it went into the bag without too much of a struggle. (I'd better pull high...)

Hooray for me.

Cheers,
Jon S.

Zero-P?? Triathalon????:P

Like reagan said: "You ain't seen nothing yet"!! B|

pack a brand new PD ZP:(...those things are slippery as hell, but good luck anyways:)
Felipe

He just said it was a new ZP Triathalon.

So how would it differ?

And, I have pack a lot of new, and I mean 1st pack job new, mains.

I'm a gear dealer, and the first one is always free.:S:S

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

He just said it was a new ZP Triathalon.
So how would it differ?
------

I believe what was meant is that the PD z-po material is not the same fabric as the material that Triathlon canopy is made out of. PD material used to be noticeably, the stinkin' slickest stuff around.... at least it used to be... this could have changed over the last 5-6 years or so.. not sure... but PD material used to be hands down slicker than Triathlons, Heat waves, etc.

...I believe what was meant is that the PD z-po material is not the same fabric as the material that Triathlon canopy is made out of. PD material used to be noticeably, the stinkin' slickest stuff around.... at least it used to be... this could have changed over the last 5-6 years or so.. not sure... but PD material used to be hands down slicker than Triathlons, Heat waves, etc.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

DOH! You mean it can get even worse?:o

Cheers,
Jon

...I believe what was meant is that the PD z-po material is not the same fabric as the material that Triathlon canopy is made out of. PD material used to be noticeably, the stinkin' slickest stuff around.... at least it used to be... this could have changed over the last 5-6 years or so.. not sure... but PD material used to be hands down slicker than Triathlons, Heat waves, etc.

Cheers,
Jon

Don't worry. If it really is brand new (DOM 2004), then it's the same "stinkin'" stuff!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Cheers,
Jon

Don't worry. If it really is brand new (DOM 2004), then it's the same "stinkin'" stuff!

Is Aerodyne now yusing the same formula as PD? my 18 month old Hornet (just before aerosune bought out PISA) is made of the South Afican stuff and although slippery as all hell. It';s nothing comapered to the PD greased snot
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Is Aerodyne now yusing the same formula as PD? my 18 month old Hornet (just before aerosune bought out PISA) is made of the South Afican stuff and although slippery as all hell. It';s nothing comapered to the PD greased snot
-----
I'd be curious to know that as well, the South African canopies used to not be the same material as PD... not near as slippery as PD.

GravityGirl... are you saying as of DOM 2004, both companies use same material?

Yes, when Aerodyne merged with PISA and formed Aerodyne International they switched to using the Soarcoat material that PD uses on their canopies. The Gelvanor material is only used on a few new canopies like the Cobalt now. The Soarcoat is lots slipperier then the Gelvanor stuff.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sorry for the kinda offtopic, but one of Cobalt's boasting points is that their ZP is superior in that their first demo canopy with 3k-some jumps still passes porosity tests.

Does that mean Gelvenor fabric, besides being less slippery, is also better than any other ZP brand?

Beezy, what material are the HiPer and Precision canopies made from?

Also when you say PD splits their material... do you mean they use different material for differnet parts?

Learn something new every day B|
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com