pkasdorf

Magic

This weekend's boogie in Fray Bentos, Uruguay just ended. We had a great time, the home people are a very nice crowd and the boogie kept up to it's promises. Personally I did many RW jumps but for the last load I decided not to "work" and just enjoy a relaxing jump. It may seem dumb and a total waste for the "skydivetrainingworkaholics" but I just let myself fall, doing a very slow 360o turn and appreciating the fields, the highways, the town, the big river, the bridge, everything caressed by the golden rays of the late afternoon sun. The simple beauty of it all seemed magic. I thank our sport for allowing us to bathe in such unforgettable moments.

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Well, down south we are not so many skydivers so the size was a very modest one. A tandem instructor made his 1000th tandem jump and another instructor had a reserve ride. Let's state that the tandem instructor paid the beer, not so the reserve rider, shame on him! NW quadrant was the best! I translated the official report for the press. Raúl Cardozo was the pioneer of local skydiving who died piloting and Edison Ogliari died in a demonstration jump because of a hard landing after a low turn 6 years ago.

"Under the organization of the "Aero Club Fray Bentos" the Meeting honoring Edison Ogliari and the 27th anniversary of the "Raúl Cardozo Skydiving Brigade" was held. A numerous crowd filled the surroundings enjoying two journeys full of sunshine and watching around 50 skydivers from Uruguay and Argentina jumping from 12 Casa loads and six Cessna loads perform relative work, freeflying and canopy relative work. There was also an aeromodeling demonstration and there was an ultralight plane to take passengers for a ride. Safety was a priority and no incidents blurred the event. Saturday night there was a dinner in which the all time collaborators were honored and it ended in a real fun party."

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757