Vallerina

Drugs on a dz

however POT IS NOT A DRUG.....anything that is grown from the earth, nad not chemicaly altered is not a drug, I am pro 420 all the way and will always will be.

That has got to be one of the most lame, retarted, ignorant statements that I have ever read.

Its Individuals that think like this that are at the root of the problem. Somehow your twisted opinion of what is right and wrong, no matter what the societal and legal census, becomes self rationalizing. No matter the drug, legal or not.........

The rationalization may be lame, but the sentiment regarding pot is pretty defendable so long as nicotine and alcohol are legal (and subsidized).

But most long existing drugs are plant based - pot, heroin/opium, wine, coffee, cocaine, does kava count?

Given that the DEA Zero Intelligence policies can put a property owner at great risk, it's unkind of jumpers to partake at the DZ. But then what they do at night on their own is their own private life. They do have the same responsibility as everyone else getting on a load - shouldn't be so hung over, drugged out, sleepless, whatever that they put the rest at risk.

Yup. I am guilty of it. I like the taste of beer especially with spicy foods. But, beyond that, I feel ashamed when I've had too much.

In the nicest possible way, I don't think you can expect everyone else to feel like that, or think like you do.

well this post went around in circles,
some people like drugs,
some people do not like drugs,
some people like beer,
some people do not like beer,
some people think anything grown in the ground is not a drug,
most people realise weed is a drug,
No one seems to like anyone impaired at the dz.
this says to me that nothing is going to change and skydiving will stays the same. Dz life is cool, and it stays the same once again......yay!
So where did this thread get us? did anyone learn anything new? i learnt that someone was in the mood to have an argument so they posted a thread and got a really good reaction;)
Can we have something else now?.......like why us guys are more intelligent than girls?:P
ding. ding. round 2.....fight!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

So where did this thread get us? did anyone learn anything new? i learnt that someone was in the mood to have an argument so they posted a thread and got a really good reaction;)

Actually, I thought this thread went rather well, compared to some previous 'drug discussions'.
Now, if someone was to start a thread on how jumping under influence was no biggie under the right circumstances...just kidding.:) Save it for the bonfire and hope most of the people at the dz are open-minded, responsible adults.

rumor of some of the southern dzs

...not exactly strong language there. I'm sure someone somewhere showed up with the good shit, had a rockin' time and made an impession. Like I said, it's not the way to impress people. It's obvious and one's lack of other traits or qualities will catch up quick. If someone IS so vapid as to be impressed...
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Yup. I am guilty of it. I like the taste of beer especially with spicy foods. But, beyond that, I feel ashamed when I've had too much.

You bring up a good point here. When I eat too much spicy food, specifically a lot of cheap mexican food, or bad chinese, not many people will get on the airplane with me the next day.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Okay, I'm just going to sum how I feel up.

I don't like hard drugs being on a dz. I don't like how easy it is to access these hard drugs, and nobody can tell when you're on them. I wish more dzos had stricter policies when it comes to drug use on their dz. Yes, I know I can jump elsewhere. I don't care what people do in their own homes, but I do care what happens on a dz.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

If you're not familiar with the phrase "Windowpane Load" that's cool, it just means you didn't jump in the 1970s.

"Wow . . . everybody's pulling . . . maybe I should too."

NickD :)BASE 194

LOL! Now those are some stories I wanna hear! ;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I don't like hard drugs being on a dz. I don't like how easy it is to access these hard drugs, and nobody can tell when you're on them. I wish more dzos had stricter policies when it comes to drug use on their dz. Yes, I know I can jump elsewhere. I don't care what people do in their own homes, but I do care what happens on a dz.

I hate to break it to you, but the hardest drug out there is alcohol. Ask a coroner how they can tell if someone was addicted to alcohol or narcotics. They have to do a tox screen on the narcotic addict (assuming they weren't punching holes in themselves, and a lot of addicts avoid needles), but the drunk will show effects on the organs that are visible across the room.

Have you ever heard of "wet-brain?" There is no narcotic equivalent, but with good old alcohol it is a reality. Removing the intoxicant from the scene in the case of substances you appear to consider "hard drugs" can result in full recovery if someone lives an otherwise healthy lifestyle. With alcohol the damage is very often permanent and debilitating.

Nicotine is a nastier addiction to break than narcotics. A narcotic jones makes one feel lousy, but a nicotine jones makes one feel truly evil. People who have been addicted to both report more trouble giving up Marlboros than Heroin (for real).

I don't recommend (or take) any of it, but for someone who drinks to criticize ANY drug is a truly uninformed standpoint.

If you think drugs are bad (you may well be right), you would do well to avoid alcohol and tobacco like the plague. They are without a doubt the worst of the lot.

Blue skies,

Winsor

I could not help but reply to this thread as I'm sure many of us have our opinions, mine is just this. I know exactly what incident you are talking of Val, and to be Frank I think it is rather rediculous that you post it on this website because people at the dz this past weekend did not give you the response you were looking for. I personally can not stand it when people having no knowledge of drugs throw such a hissy fit. You should worry more about the people that are inexperienced under canopy then someone having an acid flashback from 10 years ago under canopy. People that are older that do drugs know their drugs, they research them, they know what effects they are going to have on their body and when it is safe for them to continue jumping, when you have partyed all night and got a good amount of sleep and feel great to jump it's pretty aggrevating to have some girl get on her high horse acting like your mom telling you her opinion when she has nothing to back it up when I'm sure she has jumped hung over PLENTY of times. It's plain and simple, you don't like it don't be around it, there are plenty of people who don't use around the dz go hang with them. As far as your comment of drinking, your full of shit all people have to do is read your previous threads and no you don't feel "guilty" if you drink too much. Did it ever occur to you that some people may not feel comfortable with girls running around the hanger with dildo's? It is a family dropzone. Just because you have to advertise that you know how to masturbate doesn't necessarily make others comfortable, I think personally it's pretty sick less it was a hot chic.. you have in your profile your link to jumping with vibrators, I'd be more pissed knowing I got taken out by a lost vibrator in the sky then someone who was a little foggy from a night of fun. So what are you going to do now, police the dropzone, run around and make people breath in your little keychain before getting on the plane? Become the dz narc? Sounds like you got a good plan there. The reaility of it is.. what you think doesn't matter, you are responsible for yourself, YOU have the choice to get on the plane with those people who you "fear." It's a dangerous sport period. Don't get me wrong here, I don't think people should use while jumping, but if someone did something the night before, drug wise.. usually your a lot better off after a night of drugs then ya are of drinking.. just my two cents.

Just for fun, this is my take on the subject from about 8 years ago on wreckdot
----------------------------------------------------
How to deal with the butterflies when jumping? If you're a real
American, the answer should be glaringly obvious.

Drugs.

"Compoz - that little gentle blue pill," as I recall, is good for
situations ranging from asking for a raise to facing a firing squad.

Quaaludes would be good if they didn't lower your odds of finding a
given handle to roughly 50%. Avoid the goofballs in general.

Acid can either have you freaked out by the garish jumpsuit colors, or
too into groundrush to pull ("the people look like ants - no, those are
ants - far out!"). Bad choice.

Marijuana is too disorienting for novice users, but should be good for
dyed in the wool (baa) stoners. Do a few bongs before the jump, and
you'll be too busy wolfing down SuzyQ's and Twinkies on the ride to
altitude to worry about the jump. Short term memory loss makes getting
off Level 1 tough, though:

"You want to post dive that last jump while it's still fresh?"

"Jump? What jump?"

Narcotics do a good job at changing the relative meaning of dying, but
nodding off at pull time is a problem. Demerol seems like a good
choice for skygods who just might not pull off that next hook turn. If
you're likely to break every bone in your body, being chock full of
painkillers to begin with seems like a wise prophylactic measure.
Opiates don't impair the coordination of experienced users, but they
appear damned near as addictive as tobacco, so watch it!

Cocaine seems to be popular with some of the more flamboyant members of
the community, but I'm not sure it's the way to go. Stuff's nearly as
expensive as skydiving, according to what I hear.

The traditional approach is, of course, liquid courage. You'll hear
people singing out the quantity of barley pop necessary to perform a
given feat for the first time - typically "case of beer!" You wonder
how folks summon the nerve to do most of the careening around the sky
you see at any boogie? Easy! They're shitfac*d! With the level of
alcoholism in the sport, there are a few people one should not jump
with if they don't have booze on their breath, since they have Gold
Wings but less than enough for an A-License sober, and DT's interfere
with their performance.

If you're into natural mind-bending chemicals, testosterone has kept
the Airborne in business for 60 some-odd years (hey, it worked for me).

For those in the audience who want to do it the hard way (after all,
reality IS nothing but a crutch for people who can't handle drugs), the
way to deal with anxiety is intense drill. Becoming one with the
kinesthetics of the experience makes the mechanics comfortable and
obvious. Like a kata prepares the student to instantly react to the
demands of sparring, intensive practice and preparation make each step
of the jump familiar and deliberate. The way to get to the door with
confidence is the same as the directions to Carnagie Hall: practice!
Going through every step in the jump until there is no doubt at any
time what proper procedure is will ensure success, and confidence will
follow. Be assured that if you KNOW and FOLLOW procedures, your safety
is as close to guaranteed as anything in this life.

I know exactly what incident you are talking of Val

Actually...it's more than one incident and more than one dz. (Billvon warned me of this! :P)

Yes, I do know enough about drugs. Friends dying (one died of his heart quitting and another shot himself while on acid because he flipped out) and watching others shoot up and whatnot was pretty much all I really needed to know. I hung around that crap enough in high school.

Okay, so if drugs are so acceptable, then why not have a list as to which dzs have which drugs? Why not say who does which drugs exactly? If it's so acceptable, why do people feel the need to hide it?

It's not for you to decide what people do is or isn't right. As long as they aren't putting you in danger - get off your high horse. Why is it they must have a 'void' if they want to take drugs. Maybe they work hard all week, and like having a bit of fun somewhere where you should be able to be yourself and relax.

I'm not in agreeance with instructors and tandem masters staying up all night then taking students, but if fun jumpers want to have a big night up at the dz then long may it remain so. It's not for the CI's to play police.

Take a chill pill.:D

AMen Sister, well said!B|

People that are older that do drugs know their drugs, they research them, they know what effects they are going to have on their body and when it is safe for them to continue jumping

You think so? Tell that to Ron Passmore or Bruce.

Sorry. You are quite wrong. Two graves at your dz prove that right there.

It's only a matter of time before someone narcs on the dealers out there.

however POT IS NOT A DRUG.....anything that is grown from the earth, nad not chemicaly altered is not a drug, I am pro 420 all the way and will always will be.

That has got to be one of the most lame, retarted, ignorant statements that I have ever read.

Its Individuals that think like this that are at the root of the problem. Somehow your twisted opinion of what is right and wrong, no matter what the societal and legal census, becomes self rationalizing. No matter the drug, legal or not.........

The rationalization may be lame, but the sentiment regarding pot is pretty defendable so long as nicotine and alcohol are legal (and subsidized).

But most long existing drugs are plant based - pot, heroin/opium, wine, coffee, cocaine, does kava count?

Given that the DEA Zero Intelligence policies can put a property owner at great risk, it's unkind of jumpers to partake at the DZ. But then what they do at night on their own is their own private life. They do have the same responsibility as everyone else getting on a load - shouldn't be so hung over, drugged out, sleepless, whatever that they put the rest at risk.

Thanks man, I felt like I was getting flamed over an open fire. I would never in a million years get on a load, high, drunk, hungover, or without a good nights rest. Everything I do, which consists of parrot bay, cape cods, mich uiltra & pot are always late at night, at home, or around the bombfire. If I do partake with the intentions of getting fubared, I will by no means be in a rush to get up, I will sleep it off, wake up at my own pace and then if I feel good, will jump the next day. I have too much in life to loose, (my kids mainly), to be putting myself in danger, as well as my fellow skydivers. I just think that if alchoal & nicoteen are legal (which as all should agree are very adicting and mood altering) then pot should be too, and it should be controlled they way alcohal & cigs are controlled. But illegal, thats an abusurdity.

Blah. Don't go dissing dzs. That's not why I started this thread. There is a long list of dzs that have heavy drugs. Many of us have witnessed it. In my not humble opinion, it's a widespread problem...not just a specific dz problem.

>Also, there is no way to stop people from doing drugs on the dz out of
>sight.

Like hell there's not. I've heard this said about a million things - "There's no way to make sure everyone's rig is in date. There's no way to stop low pull contests. There's no way to make 100% sure there is no water in the fuel." There, of course, are ways to do all those things, but they are difficult. Do we want to do them? If yes (like water in fuel) they get done. If not, they don't.

So if your decision is "I don't care to stop people from doing drugs on the DZ, it's not that important," fine. That may be a reasonable decision on your part. It's not reasonable to say it's impossible.

>Nothing can be monitored 100% at all times . . . .

Sure they can. It's generally not worth it, though. Every DZ does this to some extent. At Perris, they are usually pretty easygoing about alcohol around the packing area near the time of last load. During Nationals, they had a guard there to prevent it.

Every DZ makes their own decisions on how much effort they want to spend on this. Sometimes it's just "don't let me see it." Sometimes it's a culture of no tolerance, drug testing for instructors etc. The idea "Hey, there's nothing we can do about it" is a cop-out. We can do as much as we care to do to stop it if it's a problem. If not, then great - you don't need narcs or whatever. But it's our decision.

wow, this thread is so intense, I hope you guys all get along next time your at the dz, vallerina, well you sound like you enjoy conflict, I think you are going to fell alot of talking behind your back. Vallerina? what sort of dildo do you have? is it one with the funny clit thing on it?:D I remember you asking if you should find another dz? well it sounds like this is something that you should not have made a worldwide public issue in the forums, as a lot of things are coming out about your dz now, I mean what i gather is that half of you are into heavy drugs and the other half are 'swinging christians strapped with dildos'
:S Does not sound like a very safe dz now. This will be because of your posts. Members of your dz are now hiding behind false names and openly admiting that there is a lot of them that enjoy coke and acid and weed and have no peoblem jumping in the next day. well what he said is right, i think alcohol will affect you ten times as bad the next day but sitting in the forums saying that this is acceptable at the dz well, i think the owner of the dz must be pissed off if he read this. Sorry, but wow this thread is intense.
[:/]

.Karnage Krew Gear Store