cloudhopper2

im new and confuesd! please help!

One great place for info is your instructor or an experienced person on the dz.

Any fall from an airplane (or object:P) is freefall (as long as there's no canopy or drouge (see tandem) out at the time.

Flatflying vs Freeflying is orientation of body to earth. Flat is typically on your belly, freeflying is basically everything else eg: head to earth, back, feet to earth, etc.

As far as freeflying and flatflying (belly) here are two very basic examples, which hopefully illustrate the point.

D

i wont sound like such a dunce about it sooN

Everybody sounds like a dunce at first, don't hesitate to ask questions

Everybody sounds like a dunce at first, don't hesitate to ask questions

This applies throughout your skydiving career. Always approach this sport with questions and curiosity, the more you know the safer you can be.

The real dunces are the people who think they know everything and have stopped learning.:S
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

cheers koz and dougie! i already been lookin up the glossary bit on this site and its really quite helpful! theres just so much to learn (constant learnin) and i cant wait! thats wat i love about the sport, it aint just done one way, theres a whole range o different stuff u can do!!!!

May I also suggest reading anything that relates to your subject. I've always discovered that one of the fastest ways to get "hip" to one's special interest is to read their rags.

Try subscribing to "Skydiving" and "Parachutist" and don't forget to prowl this website and the various forums. If you truly want to get "up to speed"--that's the best way. Unless you have a jumper bud . . . .
“Keep your elbow up!"