Rdutch

What makes you want to go to a boogie?

If you were looking at all the boogies during a certain month, what would attract you to a certain boogie. Slydiving, or Parties, ect. would you travel and pay more for a jump for good organizers and good jumps, or would you prefer ok jumps and a great party at the end of the day.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

nice planes, cool people, late parties and nice jumps...

Was in Vichy a couple of weeks ago, beautiful planes, nice people, awesome jumps but NO nightlife [:/] maybe next year...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I enjoy parties with whuffos better than any party I've ever been to with skydivers, so the party scene is never what takes me to a boogie.

I love the Otters up here the best, so it's never the aircraft that take me to a boogie.

It's all about the people. I had such a great time at Summerfest because it was easy to go do two-way freefly jumps with some of the best freefliers in the world. I had a great time at the Convention because I got to hang out with friends I rarely get to see (the same will go with Richmond.)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

People and the loads of information you can gather and learn from

I started going to boogies before I started jumping and I can say I learned so much at them that I think has really helped my skydiving in terms of decision making and comprehension of the sport. I think one can learn more from a day at a good boogie than a normal day at the dz...not only can you ask vendors and jumpers questions but by just observation alone you can learn about landings (good and bad, different directions), packing, gear, aircraft, spotting, cutaways/reserve rides and tons more. You can also see first hand what happens when people make certain decisions. Plus you hear all sorts of great stories, opinions and ideas. And if you have a question about any of it, all you have to do is turn around and ask.

As of right now I dont have a lot of jumps at boogies....the larger ones still kinda scare me a bit so I spend a bit of time on the ground and I love it....it never seems to get boring since there's always so much around you that you can learn from.

*daizey*

The opportunity to do good skydives.

You don't need a boogie for this, just a good dz with good jumpers/organizers. Sinse our regular organiser is busy practing for nationals alot of the year, I started organizing at my DZ. I think it is real important to work with the newwer belly fliers or they'll get bored with not improving or getting on some good challenging dives and will just start freeflying. Carbonezone was an organizer at my dz when I first came back to the sport and was kind of an inspiration for the newwer jumpers to learn from.

You don't need a boogie for this, just a good dz with good jumpers/organizers.

Yep. And thats what draws me to a good boogie.

For me, in my small expericence, Espace ranks way up there because of that. High quality LOs, a great caliber of jumpers that are split into appropriate groups. My seconds time there, we wewre doing 6-8 point 16-20 ways. Thats what I want in a boogie.
Remster

You don't need a boogie for this, just a good dz with good jumpers/organizers.

Yep. And thats what draws me to a good boogie.

For me, in my small expericence, Espace ranks way up there because of that. High quality LOs, a great caliber of jumpers that are split into appropriate groups. My seconds time there, we wewre doing 6-8 point 16-20 ways. Thats what I want in a boogie.

Now 6-8 pt 40ways and I'm all over it!;)

we wewre doing 6-8 point 16-20 ways. Thats what I want in a boogie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now 6-8 pt 40ways and I'm all over it!

Buy your ticket for next year;). Our group was definatly in the intermediate range.

Our 1st time at Espace, when we got there, we checked out the video debriefs before signing up, and 1 group was doing a 30-40ish jump (been 4 years now, my memory fails me! lol) and their 3 or 4th point was round-360-round. We were impressed! lol
Remster

Buy your ticket for next year;). Our group was definatly in the intermediate range.

Our 1st time at Espace,.. We were impressed! lol

yes people from across the pond, come to Espace Boogie... It is really worth it, and the An72 is a mighty machine...

Oooh! I forgot one thing....location.

There are so many cool things that I want to see. If there is a boogie somewhere I'd like to go, I'm much more likely to go (hence, I want to go to the boogie in Alaska...)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

You don't need a boogie for this, just a good dz with good jumpers/organizers. ...I think it is real important to work with the newwer belly fliers or they'll get bored with not improving or getting on some good challenging dives and will just start freeflying. Carbonezone was an organizer at my dz when I first came back to the sport and was kind of an inspiration for the newwer jumpers to learn from.

Well said Conway....your work with the newbies is very much appreciated, I'm sure....As for Scotty...he is an inspiration to everybody on all levels! What a gas!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

"(hence, I want to go to the boogie in Alaska...)"

I definitely recommend it!!! Where else can you jump onto a glacier?

in switzerland... just ask the people who came at the POPS world meet this summer.

we even had an australian crying because it was the first time he ever touched snow... :o

Special aircraft or balloon would be appealing. LO is also nice. Entertainment/food/beer/party is definitely a big plus! Jump ticket specials are last on the list, but if i'm still on the fence, that'd probably make it a must go if w/in driving distance (ie, deland). Place to tent or cheap accomodations is also a must.

Angela.