Nimitz88

distance from your local DZ?

It takes me a little less than an hour and a half to get to the dz. I make the drive every weekend, it's definately worth it, although I always complain about the long drive, but it seems some people drive much further to jump! I need to stop complaining.[:/]
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

1.5hr drive friday night, then a few drinks
wake up a few hours later
jump (20 minutes up, few minutes down)
30mins to calm down
1.5hr drive back (seems like 3)

I don't have the luxury yet of more than one jump at a time due to being a student....
"shit happens"

;)

If your going to live in FEAR, why live at all!!!!!

Yeah I used to live 5 mins from that DZ as well. I'd HIGHLY recommend making a trip out to Jumptown. From my house (when I lived in RI) it was 1 1/2 hours take 146 NORTH to Worcester, get on 290 EAST to 190 NORTH, take Route 2 WEST and get off at EXIT 16.

I've jumped at all the DZ's in NE and made that one home, the people there are simply the best I've encountered anywhere in the country.

Blues bro!
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

7 miles to my EX-home DZ at Pell City during the pre-ASC days, but now I'm a lot happier driving an extra 70 miles to Skydive Alabama in Cullman.

If that large group from Tallahassee would drive 4 hours to get to The Farm, bypassing ASC along the way, then The Farm must be worth a visit too...

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If that large group from Tallahassee would drive 4 hours to get to The Farm, bypassing ASC along the way, then The Farm must be worth a visit too...

No one said I wouldn't visit The Farm when I get back to jumping, but ASC is still my home. I plan on visiting Skydive Atlanta too. ASC is where I learned and that's where my heart lies.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

I live on the DZ in Zhills.

Total travel time: 0 mins.

Deland where I team train is about 1:30 mins.

Lake Wales is about 1:15.

I also have:
Williston about 1.5 hrs.
Skydive Tampa Bay about 45 mins.
Space Center 2 hrs.
Sebastian 2.2 hours.

It's a playground for skydivers.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

No one said I wouldn't visit The Farm when I get back to jumping, but ASC is still my home. I plan on visiting Skydive Atlanta too. ASC is where I learned and that's where my heart lies.

I didn't say you wouldn't. I meant it would be worth the visit for me. Sorry if I was not clear earlier. I did jump at ASC a few years ago until I realized what the owners were doing, and I've sworn off the DZ ever since, no matter how cool the place seems.

To each their own...

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am about an hour 15 to an hour 30 from SDC. (From downtown Chicago) But I don't even own a car so when I decide to go to the dz I gotta go rent a car first! Man, I must really love this sport! :S
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

~30min to Blue Skies Skydiving Adventures in Bremerton, WA

~1.5 Hours to Kapowsin Air Sports, South of Seattle

~1 to 1.5 Hours (depending on Ferry and if I miss it or not) to Skydiove Snohomish

~2.5 Hours to Skydive Toledo

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I live on the DZ in Zhills.

Total travel time: 0 mins.

Deland where I team train is about 1:30 mins.

Lake Wales is about 1:15.

I also have:
Williston about 1.5 hrs.
Skydive Tampa Bay about 45 mins.
Space Center 2 hrs.
Sebastian 2.2 hours.

It's a playground for skydivers.

Same here. I live on the DZ in Eloy. It's hell, but somebody has got to do it.

:D:D:D:D
Scars remind us that the past is real