MattyBoy

let me back!

Hi,

I think this is the right forum; I'm looking to get back into the sport (life!) after a 2 year absence...but I have a couple of pribs:

1. I've lost my log book...I do however have a video of the first 8 of my AFF jumps.

2. When I start again, i'll be jumping in the UK, for the first time. I've only ever jumped in NZ and my expired license is issued by the NZPIA.

Other than that, you might need to know that I'm pretty rookie (40ish jumps) and obviously very uncurrent.

Any help/advice would be brilliant as I really want to relive the best times of my life.

thanks.

ps. I'll be looking for a dropzone in the south-east of england (preferably kent, but not necessarily headcorn)

I may be gullible but at least I have a magic fish

Go to a DZ. Take your video and any documents you still have. Talk to them. They are the only one's who can give you an answer to exactly how much they will require from you before they will sign you off for your UK A license.

You could be looking at anything between ground training and a couple of check out dives to much of an AFF program. Remember their primary concern is not letting you bounce - they're not simply out to make you spend as much money as possible.

Each individual DZ is going to have their own requirements that will be specific to you and exactly how they assess you in person. No one here will be able to predict what they will require of you.

Headcorn's the only airfield I know of SE of London... there are a couple North or West of London within driving range but it'll depend on where you live and how far you're willing to travel.

hey i am more or less in the same position as you mate. You were with NZPF or NZPIA?
where did you jump in nz? I lost my first log book as well and no membership now. It is pretty easy to get a record of all your jumps you have done, if it was at mercer it will be basic.
I have just gone through the same as you, send me a pm as where you jumped and your membership details, i will tell you exactly what i have just done.
Blue skies

.Karnage Krew Gear Store