Muppetdog

Twin Otter Jacket

I was in DIA today flying home from the holidays and saw a guy wearing a jacket that said "twin otter" on the back over a picture of an otter. He was in front of me in the security check line and I (just for fun) asked him if he ever flew jump planes. His reply was " I would not get one-hundred yards near one, I only fly REAL PEOPLE who land with the plane.
Something, something, jump out of a perfectly good airplane", and acted like an A-hole about the subject.
Fuh Ooh! Marry Christmas. I'm I wrong?

Blues,
MD

Welcome to the sport. I've met a few pilots who are down on jumpers, and some can be jerks. No biggee, most pilots, like most people in general, are really cool. I think you just ran into an @$$hole.

I think some are just overcompensating 'cause the idea of jumping scares the bejessus out of them.

I think he just had a little sand in his ginie (the holidays will do that).
I am getting my commercial heli license this year and would never act like that to some one even with the pride that might come with securing a job of flying the President to the liquor store every day. I have heard that jumpers are seen as the trash of the aviation industry.
Oh well, I still think it would be bad ass to jump out of one of those Canadian Regional Air 50's that I fly back and forth quite a bit, all though you would have to somehow get around the fact that it looks like both exits lead to a sever jet engine grinding for the first of the jump.

Blues,
Mark

[:/] Jerk !!!.... sheesh... he wears a jacket which would no doubt attract some attention,,, then he belittles not only jumpers,, but also. twin otter JUMP planes!!!! ( " I wouldn't get within a hundred yards of one) wtf?????... You are NOT wrong...
.. I hope his bags got lost!!! :| :P

[:/] Jerk !!!.... sheesh... he wears a jacket which would no doubt attract some attention,,, then he belittles not only jumpers,, but also. twin otter JUMP planes!!!! ( " I wouldn't get within a hundred yards of one) wtf?????... You are NOT wrong...
.. I hope his bags got lost!!! :| :P

Ah, cut the guy some slack. It's not his fault he's stupid.

Besides, I can respect someone getting the heebies when they see an airplane with lots of seat belts but no seats. I just look at it as an "aquired taste" to appreciate that ... ... beautiful sight.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Besides, I can respect someone getting the heebies when they see an airplane with lots of seat belts but no seats. I just look at it as an "aquired taste" to appreciate that ... ... beautiful sight.

A few years ago I had to ride a 'puddle jumper' Twin Otter from one smaller airport to another (commercially). It was I who got the heebie jeebies when I boarded and saw all those seats!!

Man, I felt weird (and helpless) riding that plane without a rig in hand (they made me check it there at the door).

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon