beowulf

Most Memorable Advice

What is the most memorable advise that you have received in skydiving?

"The Ground Doesn't Care"
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

A HIGHLY experienced instructor told me that if he every had a skydiver at his DZ burn in and he walked up to their body and they had not pulled ALL of their handles that he would piss on their dead body and walk away.

At first I thought this was bizarrely harsh coming from such a mild mannered guy but the more I thought about it the more I understood what he was saying.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

"Make sure your legstraps are snug, because you can always cutaway a line-over, but you can't cutaway a nut-under."

guess i like that one BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

A HIGHLY experienced instructor told me that if he every had a skydiver at his DZ burn in and he walked up to their body and they had not pulled ALL of their handles that he would piss on their dead body and walk away.

At first I thought this was bizarrely harsh coming from such a mild mannered guy but the more I thought about it the more I understood what he was saying.

LOL - who said that?

After severely spraining both ankles trying to land in 30+ mph winds one Fall day in 1996 as a 50 jump wonder, Orly King had this to say: “I have 4000 jumps, and I wouldn't jump in winds like that!”
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

make sure your chest strap is completely threaded and secured...if you don't have it under the last piece of metal, you're dead...your rig will come off you on opening.

And: PLF PLF PLF PLF PLF