ego

Picking a DZ in spain.

Hey guys i recently completed my AFF Level 1 in ireland at the IPC (Great place but being ireland hard to get weather for jumps)

I like the sport and am thinking of going to spain for a holiday to complete my AFF jumps.

Have narrowed it down to Freefalluni, Skydivelillo and skydivespain.

Basically just decided this today so have not been able to call around ect.

Was wondering if they would give me discount due to having ground school+AFF 1 done. (have video proof and log book ect.) or would they want me to do there ground school and that again.

Also wondering if i do the full AFF Jumps 1-7 (or 8 iuf counting hop and pop) can i then do mu consults jumps in ireland (if i provide video evidence.

I know this is probaly all DZ dependent and i will be calling them in the morning but just wanted to see if there was a straight answer.

Also how long should i take to be sure i complete my AFF (2 days ? 7 days?

And finally can anyone recommend or steer me away from these or towards a different DZ as i read the review but having recent clear information from fellow skydivers would be nice (especially ones who done there AFF in these places)

Hi Shaun, ask at your dz in Ireland if they have a preference for an overseas DZ, then contact the dz's in Spain. I can only speak for FFU / Skydive Madrid, but highly recommended them. Also, ask the Dz's to confirm what licence they do - BPA / USPA ETC? The time taken to get you through AFF is in your control - listen, do, relax, arch and enjoy. Let us know when and where you go, oh, and welcome!

Legend thanks for the quick reply and info :) .. yeah gonna call around the DZs here and there and ask these questions was just making sure someone wouldn't say you cant go to spain and jump here then or something

Welcoming anymore replys :)

Skydive Spain (Ocaña, Madrid) has a lot of English spoken instructors, 2 Pilatus Porter, nice facilities, and a friendly atmosphere.
If you are staying in Madrid it is the nearest DZ to the city and well connected by highway A4
Also you can easily find English spoken students doing their AFF courses.

I know many people at the IPC regularly go to Skydive Empuriabrava, and I know several who did their AFF there. EB has many English speaking instructors and they work across several different systems (Spanish, BPA, USPA, DFV, French), and the PAI will recognize them. Plus, if the weather cooperates, you can easily finish AFF in a few days, and get some consolidation jumps as well.

Lukasz_Se

The problem with EB is that it got very expensive. I was thinking about going there this winter but after I heard about the prices I quickly decided that it will be Skydive spain near Seville again ;)

I love Empuria, but, I hope they didn't price themselves out of competition... [:/]
Remster

Remster

***The problem with EB is that it got very expensive. I was thinking about going there this winter but after I heard about the prices I quickly decided that it will be Skydive spain near Seville again ;)

I love Empuria, but, I hope they didn't price themselves out of competition... [:/]

Indeed

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Prices as off today 24/10/2013 from there websites.

Looks like freefalluni is well above the rest.

Freefalladdicts
AFF Bronze (L 1-7, goggles, logbook, manual) - 1.365,00
Skydive Gran Canaria
Full AFF 1-7 2,000
Skydive Lillo
Full AFF with level 8 hop and pop 1515
Skydive Madrid
full AFF 1-7 1515
Skydive Spain
incl. theory, L1-7, goggles, logbook, manual & DVD 1.435
Freefalluni
Full AFF l1-8 incl hop and pop 1359