njasshole

Mounting Protrack on Main Lift Web - Safety?

The best place for recording jumps is on your ankle (for birdman jumps and speed jumps at least) or on your hips (your pocket will do). This is so the chart on jumptrack is much smoother and more accurate. You can always tell if a neptune or pro-track was in the helmet or not, from looking at the spikes in the chart. If you don't look at the charts anyway and are just using it as a log book then the location doesn't really matter. Maybe put it in a pouch on your chest strap or in a pocket of your jumpsuit or get the ankle elastic thingie from L&B or make your own ankle strap with the mount and some velcro. Not sure if the zip ties would hurt but I wouldn't put it on the mainlift webbing myself.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

put it in your pocket...

------------------------------------------------------------
Along with your keys and wallet.
-----------

Reminds me of a quasi-funny story. True, and fairly recent (like the weather here in the NE is letting ANYTHING be practically "recent" that is >:()....

Just got my rig back from my rigger. Full repack routine & "inspection". Go up for my 1st jump of the day & immediately open in a left hand turn (flying my canopy open & correcting with rear risers). No biggie. ...Unstow brakes, full flare -check airspace, and let 'er fly. ....Toggles all the way up & she starts a fairly significant left turn again. Hmmm....

Correctable with about 1/3-1/2 right toggle but a little disconcerting as I can not see any anomolies with a full visual. Try toggles full up in full flight again, this time seeing if correctable with just harness shift. It is, but harness shift was EXTREMELY significant (full right-side weight shift) to do.

Get down only to determine that I had forgotten to remove my wallet and had left it in my left rear pants pocket. Moral of the story? ...NONE really, just that this made me think of it, I'm BORED out of my trees, and I thought it would be fun to "hijack" at least one innocuous post thread somehow. ;)

And to the original poster all worried about making sure his shiny new protrack records his jumps prior to getting his matching (presumably) shiny new helmet to put it in... Please don't get to the point you do anything blatantly STUPID just for this silliness sake. Seriously. ...I actually saw someone trying something similar to what you are talking about ...taking its packing "twist-ties" type wires and affixing it around his MLW, just above his chest strap. In F/F it slid up right over his 3-rings, which he also just thought was "funny". ---Would not have thought it so funny if he needed to cut away & that in any way bound that one side from releasing on him! :S:S:S

Okay, enough cold-medication induced babble out of me for one day. ...I'm outa here! I now return you to your more "regularly scheduled" SILLY babble, which is all this one is anyway. :P

Blue Skies All,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone