mikeyst

Who is the best gear dealer

I am going to buy a new container, aad, reserve, jumpsuit, havok helmet, altimiter, 1 pro track and 1 dytter. I wanted to get the best price I could by buying all together. 2 dealers said they would give me a nice discount if I bought with them. Any info would be helpful.

There are a lot of respectable gear dealers.

The choice of the "best" product can be akin to "what is the best car, Ford or Chevy?". Lots of opinions for gear choices.

There is a lot of conflicting info in your profile that you may want to clean up. Removing it, or correcting it, would really help.

There are a lot of respectable gear dealers.

The choice of the "best" product can be akin to "what is the best car, Ford or Chevy?". Lots of opinions for gear choices.

There is a lot of conflicting info in your profile that you may want to clean up. Removing it, or correcting it, would really help.

Yes there was. Uh... I honestly dont know what that was all about. I changed it. Total newbie.

There are a lot of good gear dealers out there...

I prefer working with a local dealer, they tend to give the better discounts and are right there to talk to in person to get measured for gear, for all your questions and any potential problems you may have.

So ask one of your instructors or local jumpers if there is a dealer on the DZ or close and their opinion.;):)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

10.53 lbs/ft^2!!! That's quite a wingloading you got there.

I guess you haven't seen the new SIM this year have you? Well, since Luigi's 39 jump, the USPA has revamped the ISP to include more "modern" aspects of canopy flight (including stainless steel hardware).

;):P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sunshine factory is a good one, but I can tell you do not you ever buy anything used from WESTERN PARACHUTE SALES, this guy name is RALPH tries to sell a parachute 500 jumps by saying it has 200 jumps. He is a bad one but you can buy a new one from him, since he can not lie about it.

Ralph sells all his used gear with the deal that if you don't like it just send it back.... I alway found him to be on the up and up.... He has TONS and TONS of stuff in stock and has slots to order new gear that makes it easyer to get custom stuff faster..

But..... Like all things.... Some people just get rubbed the wrong way sometimes....

Killer....

The best gear dealer is the one who will take the time to educate you and work with you to be sure you end up with the gear that you'll be happiest with.

This is NOT always likely to be the dealer who will give you the lowest price.

EXACTLY!

I would recommend:
www.square1.com
www.actionair.com
www.gravitygear.com

All of them have been around for a while now and will provide excelent service!
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I have had very good luck with Square One and Gravity Gear.

Note that this is a parachute you're buying; it may not be the best time to shop for absolute rock-bottom pricing. A dealer willing to support you, answer your questions, help you with compatibility issues etc may be more important than saving another $150.

In choosing a gear dealer, it comes down to this: If you have a zillion jumps and know exactly what you want, why not shop price? On the other hand, if you ever expect advice, service, or anything besides a box shipped to you, think twice about buying on price. Service is a very important part of this industry, and without customer service there would be a lot more injured (or worse) skydivers out there. Good service costs someone a very expensive resource, their time. And most great dealers who are genuine experts in this sport give service way above what they are getting paid for.

There are lots of sayings about the value received when shopping for goods and services. But one that comes to mind is this...

There are 3 considerations when making a buying decision; those are quality, features, and price. As a consumer, you must pick the two most important to you. You can have any two, but you can never get all three from the same seller. Of course you can make substitutions about the three considerations, but you get the idea. It's called the "you can't have your cake and eat it too" principle.

You know, off all the dealers out there. Beezy won't diss other manufacturers. Lot of retailers diss others so you buy others. Shame i'm too fat to jump his canopies..hehe
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

There are 3 considerations when making a buying decision; those are quality, features, and price. As a consumer, you must pick the two most important to you. You can have any two, but you can never get all three from the same seller. Of course you can make substitutions about the three considerations, but you get the idea. It's called the "you can't have your cake and eat it too" principle.

My rigger has a sign over the door, that I recall as saying:
-------------------
- Quality
- Service
- Price

Pick any two
-------------------

Edited to add:
He's my rigger because I like his attitude, his quality, and his service.
His prices are competitive with other quality providers, meaning "you get what you pay for"
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Call J Mike Brown at Pier Ltd and American SKydiving Systems.... He owns and operates both of them...look in parachutist..

When dealers are looking for stuff, he is always on their lists to call.. he has everything and anything you could want.. he will also give you the best price anywhere, unless buiying from and individual.. I am sure of it...