reddevil1

What age will you stop skydiving if any.

Since My great grandmother made it to 96 and my grandmother made it to 89.... and my mom is already 75 and still gets around really well I would say I can make it to 100... and I plan on still being jumping. Good genes gotta help get me there.. and common sence will get me the rest of the way.

Depends on your health,in fact everthing in life depends on your health. I had a bad spine injury (not skydiving) and it took about 6 years to get back in shape,then in april I got an early start with a tandem jump only to break L1,my tailbone and a rib on a hard landing. I was about 2-4 mm from paralysis according to my doctor. :( Still want to jump but right now I still can't run at all and have chronic pain. Time will tell I guess.
Freedom isn't free. Don't forget: Mother Earth is waiting for you--there is a debt you have to pay...... POPS #9329 Commercial Pilot,Instrument MEL

I suppose that if I ever let my bones become osteoporotic, then I'd stop jumping. If my coronaries get clogged I'll take a break... It might be interesting to jump once alzheimer's sets it....who knows. Cystocele? Rectocele? EWWWWW....could be messy, but not worth quitting over....lol.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

The chances of me making it much past 80 is pretty slim, looking at my family history. Looking at how well my body has lasted in 24 years I probably won't make it past 40.

So basically I have no plan on stopping skydiving, just when I can't do it anymore I'll be done. Then I'll probably go do a tandem every few months...as long as the TI can put up with me..."back in my day we had malfunctions on every 3 skydives and had to land tandems with a 700' canopy...":P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I had this conversation at the DZ today after jumping with Ed Duncan D-37. He has been jumping for over 50 years and is still going strong. He made his first military jump in 1954 and his first sport jump, the year I was born, 1958.

I can only dream that I'm still jumping when I'm his age and beyond.

Blue Skies

In my DZ there are some older men as well... some of theme are between 60 and 70.... Most times they jump together and do some rw-exercices... one day, one of them bought a camera... it was the first time they had a camera in the air. During their freefall, they were pushing each other away to be cught on camera... like a bunch of children.

When we saw what was captured, it was hilarious... they were pushing each other away, doing stuff with their faces... tickling each other... Well, maybe this one was the funniest skydive video I ever saw... and it was great to see those 'grandfathers' making fun... :)
-------------------------------------------------

No dive, like skydive... wanna bet on it?

When they pry my cold dead fingers off my rig!....Steve1

Exactly!

One of my heroes was 74 when he packed it in.

He made three skydives one Saturday morning and died of a heart attack that afternoon.

Beats the hell out of fading away in the old folks home.

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Let's see..... I started at the age of 54.
So, I figure when the body gives out, I'll come in right on time. Smiling of course. I figure I'm about half way there.

Every weekend a gentleman named Don Cripps comes out to the DZ and gets a few jumps in. He just turned 75 and did his 2000th on his birthday. He's an inspiration to all. I hope I can be like Don!
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"