reddevil1

What age will you stop skydiving if any.

The real answer is, when I think I've beome a danger to others.

I was going to say "when I'm dead" but I like this answer much better. Only thing I'd add to it would be "or when people I respect and trust feel I've become a danger to others."

When I'm no longer able physically or mentally to do it safely. One of the reasons I'm back in and doing it now is that my mom & dad have had all four of their knees replaced and my dad has further hip and spinal problems. So the hereditary forecast isn't too promising for the future and a day may come when I need two canes to get around the way my dad does now. On the bright side, that could be another twenty years, or I just may luck out (dad was an avid skier up until he just couldn't do it anymore).

And when I finally can't do it on my own power anymore ? Then I'll see about taking an occasional tandem ride and invite some of my aging friends to join me. Should be a great way to meet chicks at any age !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Please take note of the years in sport for all but the last couple of us who have posted. the average interest level of a skydiver is typically 7 years. After that they tend to find other things in life more interesting. Finding some one with as many years experience and that is still jumping regularly as the last two other guys is getting more and more rare. Hell, even I don't get out and jump that much any more

MOP's state:

"1.2.9 A CI/SO or SJO may prevent any individual from participating in sport parachuting activities
under his supervision, if in his opinion the individual constitutes a threat to the safe conduct
of the activity."

I back the JSC CI 100% on his desision to pull the plug on this jumper.

Also - it must be added that the jumper is now also plainly aware of the potential consequence of failure to deploy either main or reserve parachute - and has little desire to continue.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I'll quit for good upon my death, or when extreme illness, or unending immense physical pain makes it impossible for me to do so. Basically, as long as I can drive myself to the dropzone, I intend to keep jumping.

I've tried stopping skydiving before because of financial reasons, but life is much better when skydiving is part of my life. I'd like to think I'm in it for the long haul from now on.
Brad
"What kind of man would live a life without daring? Is life so sweet that we should criticize men that seek adventure? Is there a better way to die?"
- Charles Lindberg August 26th, 1938