LawnDart21

Whats the name of the hotel across from the tunnel in orlando?

You are either looking for the Continental Plaza Hotel, which is just by the tunnel, or Motel 6, which round the corner on American Way.

I've heard the Conintental Plaza is not the best; when I was there earlier this month we stayed in the Motel 6, which was clean and perfectly fine. Theres also a discount if you get a letter from Skyventure.

The one right there in the circle is the Riande. Last time I looked on the skyventure site that one wasn't linked anymore.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The one right accross is the Riande....Yeah, its kinda like a hotel.

I would stay at the Motel 6. Nice, new and within walking distance. Also very close to the IHOP;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

If you look for a bed and a shower, the Riande will do. I satayed there for a week but all the other campers moved out after day 1. Probably it has something to do with my military background (any bed is better than none);).
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Last time I looked on the skyventure site that one wasn't linked anymore.

Yep it's not, but they'll still give you the skyventure discount if you call and tell them when you're booking. Katie and I stayed there last month but used a travel service and the bastards wouldn't give us the discount >:(. Next time we'll book directly through them for sure.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

You'll save $1 or $2 at the Motel 6, which is much newer and very clean, but you'll have a slightly longer walk (~5 mins or less depending how long you need to wait at the cross walk). The Motel 6 also has a pool.

I was shown the "Airspeed shortcut" between the motel 6 and the tunnel last month... but I'd rather take the long way.

Dave

Red Horse is nice

And cheap. You have to walk right by the I Hop to get to the tunnel. Makes it easy for breakfast.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

You have to walk right by the I Hop to get to the tunnel. Makes it easy for breakfast.

dont forget the Continental B-Fast that comes with the room if you are not looking for a huge b-fast :)
Just make sure you tell them you are with the tunnel...the rate is only $35 a night then :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

... plus often funny karaoke.

Oh, but you missed the CSC tunnel trip where two karaoke chicks got into a cat fight! That was the best! ;)

And if you stay at Best Western Movieland, I don't recommend body bowling down the hallways. The staff doesn't like that very much. :ph34r:

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

That was just enough food in the morning to get me going.

There was coffee in the room and that was nice. Plus the newspaper at the door every morning, and the view of the tunnel we had from our room. Priceless.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I've taken groups there a couple of times, although it has been a while. We stay at
Rodeway Inn International
6327 International Dr.
Phone (407) 996-4444

And were pleased enough that anyone from here pretty much stays there. It is a couple of blocks away.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

We're going mid-march and only the Motel 6 would honor the advertised discounts during that period. Red Horse, etc. were going full price due to conventions.

Best to shop around every visit.

The M6 is the best deal I've had so far. The Riande was gross when we went 3 years ago.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We're going mid-march and only the Motel 6 would honor the advertised discounts during that period. Red Horse, etc. were going full price due to conventions.

Best to shop around every visit.

The M6 is the best deal I've had so far. The Riande was gross when we went 3 years ago.

Oh yeah...that's right!!! I forgot! My company was trying to have a national meeting in Orlando the first or second week of March and everything was booked due to the ACC (large cardiology convention) in town..we couldn't find anything to accomodate a small group of 100 ppl anywhere.:o So now we're back to cccccold NJ[:/]

Last May, I checked into the Riande and stayed about one hour. That was how long it took to book another hotel. It was gross. I lost one night's fee but I figured that I would save that much money on fleapowder and delousing treatments. Motel 6 and Best Western are both very close (no dodging traffic from BW) and are worth a few extra dollars. Just my humble opinion.