Kbone

Double Malfunction Video

was that preventable in any way?

Yes, it was 100% preventable.

The canopy pilot flipped himself upside down in his harness to get a cool camera angle. His foot got caught in the suspension lines and caused a hard turn. When he chopped his main, his foot was still caught in the suspension lines. His RSL activated his reserve before he could seperate himself from his main which only made things more complicated as you could see in the video.

AFAIK no mention was made of an RSL (he shouldn't be jumping one with a camera anyway). From the narrative, he pulled the reserve himself while on his back, because he couldn't clear the main.

Anyway this thread should be dead since there's a couple other about this video...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

so what exactly happened there? was that preventable in any way? and what does he say at the end of the video?

If you look at the posts quoted by spoons a person present on the day answered all your questions, including what he said at the end.

[hijack]
You can always reply to the previous thread if you find something nice but it has already been posted. Problem with reposting is you get less and less information about the topic and hence do not learn as much from the experience. If you read the original post for this video there is alot of good information on how/why it happened.

It also shows a me me me attitude on the internet when people do not take the time to search for old threads, or just post in a thread on a similar topic instead of starting a new one. In my case I was on a highly technical forum once and reposts really did make it hard to search for the answers you were after.

Also the naming of subjects and the descriptions in the posts themselves during "reposts" is normally very poor. So sometimes you download something that takes a little while to do and then find it is the same thing, which can be a bummer.

Please these views are not directed at this thread itself, but reposts in general.[/hijack]