Reginald

Most Jumps in a Day

So I managed 10 jumps by 2:00 on Saturday which tops my previous record. I’m just wondering how that stacks up against other people. If you’ve got some crazy number of jumps in a day tell us why? Was it team training, a contest, or shear exuberance!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

MY record is 19 in one day. 18 tandems and 1 aff. I had several 14-17 tandem days and 12-16 four way training days in front of the camera and behind it.
My favorite days started early, did 14-16 jumps and was done having a beer by 3:30!!

I do know of a couple people @ x-keys who have done 21+!!!

11, packing my round for myself in Florida one winter (yes, it was a long time ago). Not fun after that many, so I didn't do it again.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I did twelve tandems in one day, also doing the packing ourselves, with occasional help from others. Actually, one was a cutaway, a streamer, so I guess I only did 11 pack jobs. My wife made 13 jumps that day, jumpmastering and fun jumping. Oh well, one of us has tojump for a living.;)

16 packing for myself with a cutaway (I stopped after the cutaway.) I was jumping with a friend of mine and he ended doing around 22 that day since he didn't cut away.

12 in a day was common for me when I was training 4-way last season. I think that Fastrax (the 4-way team) usually does 20-30 jumps per day when they train.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

4 on sunday, hung over, and de-hydrated and tired .. packing for myself with hired kit and had a 2 hour drive home then work the night time and the following day (today) at 8.30 am !! it's all good at hibaldstow (15k) every lift

HARDCORE

(it's great when you get free jump tickets)

The most in a day for me was 13, one rig, all packed myself, Mullin's boogie-til-ya-puke rules.

I have seen some fellow jumpers make as many as 18 or 19 in one day via the same rules.

It really kicked my ass too. I'd made 3 jumps the next morning, and told myself, fuck it, I'm too sore and I got my money's worth too, let's go home early... :DB|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The most i've done in one day is 10 (Perris). A mate and i decided we wanted to hit our 200th together and he was on like 195 when we started and i was on 190. I borrowed two other rigs and back to backed the last three.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I just posted to another thread about this... my number was 89 jumps with most at night.

A team of Navy Lakehurst, NJ riggers who team packed ten ParaCommanders. Two aircraft. Two of the world's best jump pilots: Len Potts and Bob Kubler. A few dozen 'ground crew' and support staff. TV and radio coverage.

And thousands and thousands of spectators.

I set the world record for puking one's guts out while jumping out of an aircraft at night.

Why doesn't someone try to break my record? I dare you.

http://aicommand.com/PukeDuke.htm
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

you should ask Jay Stokes... what was it 533?;)

538 but only 537 counted the last one was out of time. Any less then 500 and you are a wossy.:P

Sparky

We are both wrong. It was 534 jumps.:P

534 in 24, 535 in 24:01. :ph34r:

19 was most in one day (April 2003), but 18 of those were from ~6400 feet doing exit practice. And it was an easy day because we never broke rhythm and never had to rush. We finished the day with a full altitude jump to celebrate -- none of us had ever made that many jumps beforehand, and they were amazingly productive, so much so we rewarded ourselves with a full altitude "fun" jump (aren't they all fun?) after training.

My teams for the past three years regularly make 11-12 jumps a day (31% of days with 8 or more jumps). That's a good compromise between quality and fatigue; more than that, and the jumps and/or debriefs start deteriorating.

The most freefall time logged in a single day is 00:17:34 for 15 jumps. The 19 jump day clocked in at a relatively meager 00:10:15. It would be interesting to see if the wingsuit crowd has exceeded 20 minutes of freefall in one day.

Mr. Stokes has my respect for his records. Beyond the sheer magnitude of the numbers, it boggles the mind to consider the physical and mental effort required, especially in the wee hours. I have no great desire to surpass 20 jumps a day -- quality over quantity please.

-- Dave

BTW, awk is a wonderful tool. /* You are not expected to understand this. */