darrenspooner

What's the most jumps anyone ever did?

Here is the proof: http://www.nepaskydiving.com/htm/DonKellner.html . This website is for the DZ Don Kellner jumps at. Truly impressive, considering it is located in not-always-warm-often-freezing Pennsylvania...

BTW, Don Kellner has most jumps, but Bill Dause has most freefall time. Simply, Kellner must jumps from lower altitudes that Dause.

Here is the proof: http://www.nepaskydiving.com/htm/DonKellner.html . This website is for the DZ Don Kellner jumps at. Truly impressive, considering it is located in not-always-warm-often-freezing Pennsylvania...

BTW, Don Kellner has most jumps, but Bill Dause has most freefall time. Simply, Kellner must jumps from lower altitudes that Dause.

And I've heard that Don jumps by himself most of the time during the week. Just jump-whoring, if you ask me. :P Bill Dause is way friendly too.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

so what if he's jump-whoring? he's still gotten out of a plane and landed 35,000 times w/o getting killed.... that's especially impressive when you consider that he's been jumping since the 60s when the gear was extra-scary.

besides, he has to jump-whore living in PA... if he was in Arizona it'd be easy.

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Don does mostly hop-n-pops these days. He has experienced some injuries over the years and because of the resulting discomfort he avoids RW now.
He will still do tandems but usually just does hop-n-pops all day from 3 or 4k

He has been in the number 1 slot for jumps staying just ahead of Bill Dause the entire 16 years I've known him.
He is the official Guiness book record holder that entire time and still is today.

My first 3 jumps ever were made in 1989 attached to Don and I earned my A license there in 1990.
Then I quit the sport for a VERY long time and only returned to jumping a year and a half ago, and when I wanted to get current again, I went back to Hazleton again B|

I usually jump at Cross Keys now because its MUCH closer but I still go to Hazleton several time per year.
Very cool, friendly dropzone. B|
__

My mighty steed

And don't forget Jay Stokes who might not have the total number as Kellner and Dause, but he's done 500+ jumps in a day a couple times.

gotta call bullshit on this one.... that is averaging 2.88 minutes a jump for 24 hours straight. 500 jumps in 24 hours ........... BULL SHIT
I just am................

And don't forget Jay Stokes who might not have the total number as Kellner and Dause, but he's done 500+ jumps in a day a couple times.

gotta call bullshit on this one.... that is averaging 2.88 minutes a jump for 24 hours straight. 500 jumps in 24 hours ........... BULL SHIT

Your shit got called. It's true. And yes it's pretty amazing.

Yeah.. I would never call bullshit on Jay. Every time I think of him, I just remember his face and voice during the AFF rating course asying these words..
"You do your job.. and I'll do mine."
For some reason those 8 little words coming from him though calmly spoken were not calming.. :S:D
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Jay Stokes made 534 jumps in a 24 hour period

:o:o:o

That is some IRONMAN shit right there.

wow. just wow.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Jay Stokes is the man! No doubt about that.

But I hold the world record for parachuting night pukes.

In the early '70s the record was 200 jumps. I attempted to break that record. I got sick on the second jump and nearly every jump there after.

A doctor who came to watch me had the good sense to tell me to stop.

What I find funny is that no one has ever tried to break my record of 87 night pukes.

http://aicommand.com/PukeDuke.htm
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Your shit got called. It's true. And yes it's pretty amazing.

OK, so I went to the web site, and saw the info. He made a jump on average every 2.7 minutes.... that is one jump made every 167 seconds..... He got in a plane, rode to altitude, jumped, landed, dropped his shit, picked up another rig and did it all over agian 24 hours straight. This is not a personal attack, but I would love to know who moderated this(witness's)???, because this sounds damn impressive, but at present, I am unwilling to be a full believer just because I saw it on the internet........

agian, I am not insulting/attacking Jay Stokes.... just looking for more info on this...

Huge crowd including support staff of packers, crew, pilots, refuelers, safety spotters and others were there to witness it along with Guiness people if I remember right. Skydiving and Parachutist both did a big write up on it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Not to mention articles and pics in Skydiving and USPA. Local news and newspapers...CNN, Radio and more. Ya gotta be shittin me,,,,,where were you? Just cuz your head is in the sand, doesn't mean the world doesn't keep spinning !!!! ;-) wally
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Jay did my coach's course and is a great guy. He blames the record for his being short; I guess he used to be taller. ;)

And you have to realize how coordinated this all was. The porters made it to 2000' in about a minute and there were people on the ground helping him in and out of his rigs.

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

This is not a personal attack, but I would love to know who moderated this(witness's)???, because this sounds damn impressive, but at present, I am unwilling to be a full believer just because I saw it on the internet........
agian, I am not insulting/attacking Jay Stokes.... just looking for more info on this...

OK man, here is a link to Guinness World Records website: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/gwr5/content_pages/record.asp?recordid=43948 . Jay's attempt of 534 jumps in 24 hours was classified as an offical world record. If you still don't believe, scroll down on that website and click where it says "PLAY VIDEO" (or use this direct link: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/index.asp?file=content_pages/video.asp?videoid=100173).

Does this make you a believer :)?

but I would love to know who moderated this(witness's)???,

I witnessed it and it was moderated by FIA rated judges. On being Judy Celaya. Diablopilot from these boards was there also.

At 10:00 PM it started raining and rained all night. We broke one porter causing a 25 minute down time or the total would have been higher.

He is one tough some bitch. He ran for the plane as hard on the last jump as he did on the first jump.

Do you have some friends to help you pull you foot out.........................B|

Most Jumps

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Do you have some friends to help you pull you foot out.........................B|

Most Jumps

Sparky

I am big enought to admit when I am wrong. That being said, I find no fault with someone questioning an incredibly demanding, if not impropable event. I stand corrected, and am very impressed with the physical conditioning of Mr. Stokes.... not many people have that endurance.