dan_iv

my 6th jump AFF-L6 video

ok, i thought I would put a link up to my 6th jump AFF-L6 for your amusement, it is here you'll notice an accidental *extra backloop* and some poor leg position:D:D after the backloops, which for the life of me I couldn't understand why I was loosing my heading at the time. I learned alot from watching this myself and have so far fixed that problem. I had a lot of fun with this jump never the less and got the video for free, it is a little choppy but you should still get a good laugh at it....

I thought about not posting it cause the backsliding all over the place

The backsliding is pretty obvious if you notice you are sliding further and further behind the plane after exit. I think if you stick you legs out and drive forward you will overcome that.

Hope that helps and if it does, you may want to consider an AFF-L6B jump, or possibly another sport.:P

Actually that looked like a pretty good jump to me. You can't tell because you've never seen a bad one. When you do, you'll know it.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

my opening alt was at 4500 for my 6th jump, as far as the video guy goes he was *practicing* that's why I got it for free. at the point where he bugged out he was playing around. thanks for everyones comments!

Nice video! I heard the weather was pretty nice out there this weekend. I wish I could have been out there, but instead I was stuck in the tunnel in Orlando :ph34r:.

Nice job! I just had my AFF-6 recurrency jump, and am going out to Elsinore this weekend for my grad dive, so now I'm qualified to give advice. ;) Not really, so the following is a gag:

I noticed that you did not have a relaxed pinky extension. The key to stable freefall is to have your little finger out there in a kind of Dr. Evil way. Relax, think Austin Powers, and you'll be as qualified as me to give advice. :D

Kidding aside, that was a good jump from my perspective, hang in there and thanks for the post!!

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

Just curious is the instructors position the mantis position?

I have no idea what the "mantins Position is:| that question is probably better suited for someone with more knowledge then me....

Skylord: I'll try to remember to keep my pinky out next time! ;):P
thanks for everyones comments about my jump!!!!!

Sheeit, Dan, I was just watching a video of my level 5 AFF, kicked my instructor twice in the head doing my turns, which turned from a 360 to an uncontrolled 720 or whatever. You looked great. Wouldn't have known you did an extra back flip if you hadn't tattled. It only gets more fun.

Ed in Spokane
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

The only video of AFF dives I had seen were demo videos. Jim Wallace (who has like 18000 jumps) was the "student" in the videos and lo and behold he did everything perfect.

As I watched my AFF grad video, I kept thinking, "I look so stiff and uncomfortable" and was pretty critical of myself.

Then, as I bought my instructor beer @ the Bomb Shelter, I watched a culmination video of a group of Brits AFF dives. Some dudes looked like they were dog paddling, some like they were treading water with their legs, all sorts of stuff. And suddenly I was mutch less critical of myself.

Trust me, you don't have anything to worry about. That looked good
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

at the point where he bugged out he was playing around.

Make sure in the future that if *whatever* video guy you have wants to "play around," he should do it on a different jump than an AFF.

Hopefully he/she is actually qualified to jump with AFF students.
pope

Hell on L7 I some how managed to add a back flip to my front flip. The point is to lose stability and regain it again. Looks like you did that to me. Definately could use a little more positive pressure on those legs. Trust me... I did a few levels over again due to bad legs. B| All in all I thought the jump didn't look to bad, No tracking?? Maybe my instructor just added that to the end of my jump.

JAMES