reyno_gr

FS (or WARP) Coaching requirements?

Can any one tell me how many jumps you need to become an FS (WARP) instructor in the UK? How much does the training program cost and what are the requirements of the syllabus? Tried to find this info on BPA website (amongst others) without success. Thanks.

From http://www.bpa.org.uk/forms.htm

Which is the BPA Office / Documents on-line and the F134 / FS Coach Application.

It's probably in the ops manual as well.

I don't think that there is a standard cost.

More details of the requirements / evaluation needed is on the back of the form.

D

I certify that the above named fulfills the requirements listed below:

a) Has a minimum of 300 descents and 3 hours of Freefall time.
b) Has been involved in Sport Parachuting for a minimum of 2 years.
c) Is fully familiar with the current WARP Manual.
*d) Is at least a;

(i) Category System Basic Instructor, or
(ii) Has attended an NCF Key Course on `Delivering the Goods`, or
(iii) Has specific teaching or coaching qualifications, or
(iv) Has attended a Methods of Instruction lecture, given by a BPA Advanced Instructor, or
(v) Has attended a Military Methods of Instruction Course

Can any one tell me how many jumps you need to become an FS (WARP) instructor in the UK?

There are no jump number/freefall requirements required in order to become a WARP coach - all you need is CCI approval. However, you would be expected to be proficient at FS and have good teaching skills.

There is also the BPA FS Coach qualification, which requires a minimum of 300 jumps, 3 hours freefall time and 2 years in the sport. You must also have attended some sort of instruction course/lecture, and undergo an evaluation. It is a good idea to get this qualification, as it demonstrates to the student that you have fulfilled some basic requirements with regards ability.

There is no fixed training/cost to becoming a coach (other than the £10 you need to send away with the FS Coach application).

Can any one tell me how many jumps you need to become an FS (WARP) instructor in the UK?

There are no jump number/freefall requirements required in order to become a WARP coach - all you need is CCI approval. However, you would be expected to be proficient at FS and have good teaching skills.

There is also the BPA FS Coach qualification, which requires a minimum of 300 jumps, 3 hours freefall time and 2 years in the sport. You must also have attended some sort of instruction course/lecture, and undergo an evaluation. It is a good idea to get this qualification, as it demonstrates to the student that you have fulfilled some basic requirements with regards ability.

There is no fixed training/cost to becoming a coach (other than the £10 you need to send away with the FS Coach application).

Curious, I am surprised that you are allowed to teach WARP without being an FS coach - surely these things go hand in hand?1 :S

Check dives with an AFFI is often also a requirement...

I am not surprised about the higher jump numbers dazzle - after all anyone can shout 'GO'! :P:)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.