Stewart_555

Small Drop Zone Rumor Mill

Stewart_555 has no email address. First name is M, nickname "Martha". Has 450 jumps, been in the sport 3 years and is just now finding out about dropzone politics... I'd be willing to bet that some of you are being duped by this person. Sounds to me like someone is hiding behind some fictitous account to stir up some trouble. I wouldn't put too much more credance in what this creten has to say.

And I'm not hiding from anybody.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Sorry you feel that way about our Dz, We pride ourselfs on our experienced, friendly staff. Most customers say we are the friendliest DZ in the Mid West, No I am no SkyGod, Just love the sport and the people, My wife says yes she's a bitch and proud of it!
Please take you bad attitude elsewhere, so the rest of us can continue to have a good time.
Question are you ashamed of you name? WE HAVE THE GREATEST STAFF HERE AT FREEFALL EXPRESS SKYDIVING, POSITIVE PEOPLE ALWAYS WELCOME!

You know, I feel that this is nothing but a load of bunk. Granted, I'm partial about Bryan and Lyn and FFE, but I can say I've never heard them bad-mouth ANY of their staff. Oh, I'm sure there is bickering, heck, I bicker about my job all the time...

It's funny that there has been some problems with a couple people within the past week at FFE, and now this shows up, ANONYMOUSLY. I think it's pure slander.

Perhaps the website managers here at Dropzone.com could send me the person's IP address? I would love to know who this person really is. I have an idea, and would love confirmation seeing that the message contained spelling errors and statements very similar to emails sent to me personally by some people.

I hate, HATE Trolls...if you got a problem, stand up and spout off, but use your name!!

I have been jumping at this DZ for a few years now, I have been to many others thru my now 14 years of skydiving and I know that I have found "home" with this DZ in question.
I have seen people come and go and will see many more. we try very hard to welcome new people all the time and we can't make everyone happy thats just the way that it is.
I am sad to think that you can't get along with our DZO.. I wonder why?
This past winter many of us from our DZ traveled to Florida to be with our DZO, in one group there where 10 of us, and a few other went at diffrent times before and after the big group went down there.
If it is so bad then why did a few of our students travel to Florida to finish training with there DZO?
I had great respect for you before this post and now that has gone.
Please do not make such comments about our DZ, DZO or anyone else for that matter.
The staff at freefall express love thier DZ, we love our DZO's like family and are very happy.. so just go away!
Joe Thomas
www.greenboxphotography.com

I deleted my post because I changed my mind on what I had to say.

hey travis, don't you wish we could do this in real life?:D "nooooooo, i didn't say that... edit! delete!!":)
and sorry about your trip to "Floridia" ...martha stewart
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

I deleted my post because I changed my mind on what I had to say.

hey travis, don't you wish we could do this in real life?:D ***"nooooooo, i didn't say that... edit! delete!!":)

This is real life. :P If it wasn't - I would not be awake at 6AM thinking about how silly it is to be awake a 6AM talking to you...

Actually - in face to face meetings I rarely realize that I am talking to the wrong person. :P That was what happened in this case... But in face to face meetings I also have one of those Men In Black flashy things that erase memory - just in case I do need it.:P

...I also have one of those Men In Black flashy things that erase memory...

OOOoooohhhhhhh.... I want one of those!!!!

*flash* "No, you said I was getting a 30% raise this year...." :ph34r::P;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I do think before I write anything Angel2. What astounds me is the attacks on me? It makes me think that there are many such people out there either feeling the same or afraid it is them I am discussing, or someone like them.

We all have egos that is part of what makes us skydive but, good or bad.

I have decided to go where it is fun to skydive which gives me a better feeling of safety and a better feeling for the level of quality staff people working there. If the man who runs the dropzone thinks such of his staff people and the people who help him, that tells me what I should think of them all.

MStewart

Is it you I am speaking of?

My name is M. Stewart. You will get no more from me in either response or business. For people with a great attitude you seem to tell many people to go some where else?

I guess the question is were you talking bad about your staff and customers?

MStewart

Thank you I will try that form. It seems that my post touched some nerves.

JDThomas, they said you were thrown off three drop zones before you came there. You gave me my first tandem and they called you reverend and I am Marty, remember me now?
Supercop, you were called an accident waiting to ahppen and you had your AAD go off because your head was up your rear and no one was surprised.
SuperFletch, they said you needed to get your teeth fixed so student would not be scared and you lost a aff student that had a AAD go off.
What is funny is the people who they talked about are defending them. If being a bytch or being married to a bythc is a thing to be proud of then go ahead. I will take my money to arkansas and go to recskydive. Good by.

People don't like hearing bad things about their home DZ, even if they are true. A lot of jumpers will defend their home DZ without question, even if they know they are wrong.

Excerpts from a thread about a King Air crash at SSMI

“Though new to skydiving I'm not unaware of what constitutes a safe dropzone. SSM is very safety conscious and I have complete confidence in our DZO and pilot.”

“Just letting you know that I am bringing another gang of jumpers from Westex out to your SAFE and FRIENDLY dropzone next weekend.”

” If you are worried about the plane you jump out of go some place else or quit all together no one makes you jump you do it because you want to.”

From the NTSB report:

“Review of the engine logbook revealed the engine was being operated in excess of 1,000 hours beyond the manufacturer's recommended time between overhauls of 3,600 hours.”

The aircraft should have been able to climb on the remaining engine, but crashed. The jumpers that call that DZ “home” defended the DZ, then were quiet once it was revealed that the engine was over 1,000 hours past it’s TBO.

This is just one example of the blind loyalty that a lot of jumpers show towards their "home DZ".

Derek

My... adding another 3 people to your imperfection list? Add me too.

You've got 450 jumps on your profile. Most people don't get that far without some flaw in their skydiving careers. It must be a heavy burden.

Easter is just around the corner. You'll love it. ;)

I have met the two people that you have been burning. They both seem ok.

If they said things that bothered you so much, why didn't you say so in person?

Also, I see you keep calling his wife a bitch repeatedly. That doesn't add a lot of value to whatever point you are trying to make. It does say a lot about you. It seems that you are just trying to say stuff to piss him off from the safety of the internet.

Skydiving is a small world.

People don't like hearing bad things about their home DZ, even if they are true. A lot of jumpers will defend their home DZ without question, even if they know they are wrong.

GAWD aint that the truth.

Former DZ was like that.. any thing that was constructive criticism... was just brushed of as whining...Its so very hard when the DZO is so totally infallible.

I thought you said they were bad mouthing the staff?

Reverand JDThomas, yup that sounds about correct. I don't know if he's ever been kicked off any DZ's or not, probably, ha, but I've told him not to come back to ours several times and he just won't listen. Every darned weekend, there he is, looking like a little lost puppy, man without a DZ, trying to get on a load, harrassing the patrons and trying to grab peoples privates... hahahahah Oh yeah, and BTW Joe, thanks for rubbing your naked butt on my brand new rig. :/ You sick bastard... The photographs are priceless, no matter how twisted it is....

Skycop did have his head up his rear when he allowed his AAD to go off, I guess accident waiting to happen sums it up... he had his head up his rear and his AAD went off. Norm, I'm glad your alive. I'm glad you finally pulled that silver handle, even if it was a few hundred feet too late. :/ I'm glad you learned from the incident.

And me, well I do need to get my teeth fixed. It's just I have this thing about dentists. Sorry SitflyBaseBoy. That drill scares ME! And as far as losing an AFF student to a cypres save. I'm not an AFF Instructor so why would I have an AFF student. I did however observe a student, cleared to jump by herself, on a coach dive throw out at 1000 feet (due to what she described as a hard pull) and simultaneously blow a reserve do to a student cypres fire. I watched the whole thing from under canopy at 3000 ft. It was horrible to watch. She scared me to death. She had her head up her rear too. But we talked about the whole incident at length afterwards and I think we managed to get her head out of her rear. We went up again this weekend and she pulled at 4000 feet instead of 1000. That made me happy.

Anyway, had they said any of those things it doesn't sound like anything they haven't told us to our face or isn't common knowledge to begin with. Or perhaps you just didn't get your facts right. Oh and Bryan, if you're still out there. Thanks for the reserve pack job you did for me inbetween loads just so I could jump my brand new containter on my next jump. That was way above and beyond the call. And then to just give it to me and not charge me. Well, what can I say... thank you. You have my permission to bad mouth me anytime you want. Wait, you probably didn't bad mouth me at all did you? I bet it was the bitch. You tell her I said the next time you need to sit and use the computer she needs to move her fat ass! ;)

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

I'm sure rec.skydiving will welcome you with open arms.
Are you certain you'll be welcome in Arkansas?

Steve Babin
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

It’s sad that this stuff is “aired” in public, and all of it sounds like crap to me! If you have an “issue” with the DZO, bring it to him/her! If you’re still not happy, move on! Still not happy, step up invest all your money and time, and open your own DZ! It’s really fun, and as DZO life is always rosy, never money or people problems, and I’m sure you’ll always be able to make everyone happy all the time without exception!

Martin
DZO AC DZ Wichita Kansas
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I am a new skydiver and jump at this dropzone, I have never been treated anyway but with the upmost kindness here. All of the staff have always tried to assist me and work with me, and as far as the DZO he invited me to Florida to help me finish my AFF, he even let me stay with him and his wife.I have spent quite a bit of time with them and have never heard them say anything bad about anyone on their staff, However a dropzone is a business and a DZO has to run it that way, sometimes people get upset I know I run a business. I think the owners at FFE do a wonderful job, they keep us educated and safe. I have the upmost respect for them as people, as business owners, and as friends. I consider everyone at FFE to be my friend and look forwrd to spending alot of time there. This is one of the most friendly places I have ever been and would encourage anyone to come and join all of us for alot of fun in a very safe skydiving environment.