superman0710

goofing around with gear.

i can imagine people's faces in an elevator if someone was riding up looking at their wrist altimeter

Just as long as they're not worried about that funny looking backpack I'm wearing with leg and chest straps. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I have an Alti II in my car all the time. Great fun driving through tunnels and across mountain ranges (even took it snowboarding at Squaw Valley...zeroed out at sea level). B|

Since I always take gear with me when I travel, I always have an altimeter on commercial flights. Pressure is usually between 3,500 and 4,700 feet (MSL). Except Southwest of course...I forget if they pressurize their cabins. :o

I took mine on the plane as well only when I looked at it they were loading my bag into the belly of the plain. At some point they had busted the zippers of my bag and laying on top was my altimeter. The flight attendant didn't believe me and asked if I was joking when I told her my bag was busted open and my things were hanging out.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

I've done the commercial plane thingy. It read about 3500 feet if memory serves. ;)

Just don't take your dytter on the commercial plane with ya. I did, flying back from SDC's Nationals back in 2002 and was surprised to hear it going off during the flight. :$ I was so surprised that nobody picked up that there was a beeping coming from my bag....

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

... I was so surprised that nobody picked up that there was a beeping coming from my bag....

ltdiver

Yes, in the movies, ALL bombs beep and have flashing red countdown lights. Remember to cut the blue wire, not the green one.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

... I was so surprised that nobody picked up that there was a beeping coming from my bag....

ltdiver

Yes, in the movies, ALL bombs beep and have flashing red countdown lights. Remember to cut the blue wire, not the green one.

And so the general public -would- think something was up...;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

In years past this building was a popular BASE jump venue (it's all secured now since 9/11, so those days are gone), being over 80 stories. When I brought my altimeter up to 66 it registered a bit under 800 feet, so there's a fair amount of altitude here, from the standpoint of a BASE jumper, anyway.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

Just don't take your dytter on the commercial plane with ya. I did, flying back from SDC's Nationals back in 2002 and was surprised to hear it going off during the flight. :$ I was so surprised that nobody picked up that there was a beeping coming from my bag....

So did you take off your seatbelt and sit on the floor?? :D