britboynz

Parachutist 'lands on top of radio mast' WTF?!?

How the fuck do you confuse a toolbag with a canopy?! :S:D

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=48651

Flase alarm on Mt Vic summit

Police and emergency services scrambled amidst reports of parachutist in trouble at top of radio mast in Wellington

19 March 2005

Police and emergency services were called to the summit of Mount Victoria in Wellington on Saturday afternoon.

A report had come in that a parachutist had landed on the top of the radio mast, and the parachute had become enmeshed in it.

However it turned that the object was in fact a maintenance worker's bag.

Emergency services were stood down.

Wuffos frequently call EMS when they see a cutaway main floating down....they -swear- that they see a person dangling underneath and going in.

Sometimes we have to show them the canopy to explain what they saw...and occasionally they -still- insist that they saw a person bouncing...:S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

My last cutaway was on the 4th of July in front of a crowd at a large soccer field. My main was recovered by a firetruck and ambulance crew, lights flashing, sirens going, the whole 9 yards. They thought there was a skydiver attached to it. Easiest recovery of all my stuff I've ever had.:D

Wuffos frequently call EMS when they see a cutaway main floating down....they -swear- that they see a person dangling underneath and going in.

Sometimes we have to show them the canopy to explain what they saw...and occasionally they -still- insist that they saw a person bouncing...

Story time! Someone once had a cutaway on a sunset load, and the cutaway main canopy landed in front of a couple of houses about a half-mile away. Someone called the police, figuring there was a dead person under the canopy. Meanwhile, the drop zone gopher drove over and recovered the canopy, picking it up and putting it in the back of the pickup truck, and returned to the DZ. Well, that's when things got interesting. We were all standing around talking, having cracked our beer open after that last load of the day. A sheriff's car arrives, the cop hops out, wanders over authoritatively, and says; "Where are you hiding the body!" "Huh?" "We have witnesses that saw you removing a body from a parachute accident scene!"

We finally managed to convince him of what "really" happened. But it took some doing...

Sometimes we have to show them the canopy to explain what they saw...and occasionally they -still- insist that they saw a person bouncing...

Story time! Someone once had a cutaway on a sunset load, and the cutaway main canopy landed in front of a couple of houses about a half-mile away. Someone called the police, figuring there was a dead person under the canopy. Meanwhile, the drop zone gopher drove over and recovered the canopy, picking it up and putting it in the back of the pickup truck, and returned to the DZ. Well, that's when things got interesting. We were all standing around talking, having cracked our beer open after that last load of the day. A sheriff's car arrives, the cop hops out, wanders over authoritatively, and says; "Where are you hiding the body!" "Huh?" "We have witnesses that saw you removing a body from a parachute accident scene!"

We finally managed to convince him of what "really" happened. But it took some doing...

OK, great story, but what did you do with the body REALLY?

My last cutaway was on the 4th of July in front of a crowd at a large soccer field. My main was recovered by a firetruck and ambulance crew, lights flashing, sirens going, the whole 9 yards. They thought there was a skydiver attached to it. Easiest recovery of all my stuff I've ever had.:D

i wonder what they thought of the freebag and reserve PC? a midget having a mal?

MB 3528, RB 1182