lewmonst

Mother-Daughter Tandem

I'm proud to say I took my mom on a tandem today. It was my 2000th jump and my mom's 2nd jump. I bought her a tandem years ago when I just got my A license. She liked it but wasn't planning on jumping again... Then when I got my tandem rating, it was her idea to jump again with me. She said she wasn't scared this time. I was.
It went great. My mom is the best.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

:)
BTW, I'll need to touch base with you about a Tandem I want you to do for me later this year. I'll catch up with you in May and talk to you.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

The family thing is cool. I never thought I would skydive - my daughter wanted a tandem for her 18th b-day last year. I took her to do it, said what the heck, if Katie can do it, so can I. As soon as I hit the ground, I said I was signing up for lessons. Just got my A. Thanks, Kate for getting me into this!
Love,
Dad
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Sooo cool!B|

All of my parents (mom, dad, stepmom, & stepdad) have done tandems. They were also all shortly after I started skydiving. But now they never ask me "why" I do it.:D

I've thought about getting my tandem rating in the future (far far future). I'm worried that I'm too short. Is there any limitations on size for a tandem instructor? Also, can you get a tandem rating just to take friends and family every now and then but not do it all the time or is that dangerous because of currency?

Christina

fabulous lew!!! my mom refuses to get a plane with me (weird dream she had)..... i'm envious!

blue ones

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time