salling772

the best way to close down skyride

I thing the best way is to close down skyride is at the next uspa Board of Directors meating is to flie a a motion to amend the by laws to read (any actions detrimental to uspa shall have he or she membership and or group membership suspened pending review of 2/3 of the full board of directors.)

the next motion is to suspened the membership and the group membership of the owners of skyride and all related business
----------------------------------------------
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. J. R. T.

Skyride is not a USPA Group Member, so any action by USPA is not going to affect Skyride in that regard. USPA has been considering setting up their own version of Skyride which would be a hell of a lot more fairer and equitable to its Group Members. That would definitely cut deeply into Skyride's profits, if USPA can somehow get their web links ranked ahead of Skyride's on the search engines.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

People (customers) are starting to get pissed off as well and are putting in a lot of complaints to the Federal Trade Commsion as well as the BBB. Although the BBB can't really do anything, the rumors of some slander lawsuits are coming about and the BBB records will hurt Skyride. The FTC will investigate on their own if they get enough unanswered complaints.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Every DZ can get their search ranking to meet, and exceed the Skyride rankings. Those ubiquitous Skyride sites get such high rankings because they’re PAID ADVERTISMENTS! I do not think we should expect USPA to set up paid advertisements, and try to charge the DZs for the service. Wake up and smell the coffee! Go to Overture and Google, spend some time, and the $20 a month and create your own paid search ads. The ranking is set on a “bid” biases, see what the Skyride ads are biding, and set your bid higher. Magically, you’re now ranking above Skyride every time!

Here’s an example of one of my paid adds, notice the “third party warning”. Directly below this ad appears a Skyride paid ad.

SPONSOR RESULTS
Skydive Wichita Kansas Air Capital Drop Zone, Located 10 min Se of Wichita Kansas. Tandem skydive and solo first jump instruction. Don't use a third party booking service, come directly to us and save.
www.aircapitaldropzone.com
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Nah, there's no need to legislate against Skyride. Does Coke try to get legislation passed against Pepsi when Pepsi rolls out a new product? No - they try to out-market them. Skyride is just marketing skydiving. The way they market skydiving is shady, and they have made enemies of a lot of dzs which they should have been working with, but they are just marketing. The way to overcome the damage they do is to beat 'em at their own game. BillyVance's mention of USPA getting into the national skydiving marketing game sounds like a plan to me, and skydived19006's post also illustrates how an individual dz can out-do skyride.

So, to paraphrase Diablopilot, stop whining and start doing. Skyride has been stumbling a bit, and it's the perfect time for our national organization, dzs, and individual skydivers to pick up the ball and do it better.
Patkat
gotta exercise my demons!

There is already a colossal thread with a considerable amount of information and a plethora of opinions on the Skyride issue here.

We don't need to start another one. I suggest you scan that thread and see if your idea has been posted there already. If so, feel free to add your spin to it. If not, feel free to add it.

For those who don't want to read what you have to say, they don't have to read it. Calling someone a whiner because you have heard it before or don't agree with it takes a lot more effort than skipping the thread altogether. :)
Arrive Safely

John