mikieB

Anyone know how to rescend a Regional Director?

Yes, mikieb made some vague but serious accusations and seems unwilling to give specifics or explain even what he expected to accomplish in this forum with his original post. I really don't expect he'll have much success with his real agenda and too many people here know DJan well enough to see through the BS.

Pat Schraufnagel

I think he is just mad that people got caught breaking the FAR's and the RD is taking action like she is supposed to. I am reminded of someone that complains to the police officer that they shouldn't get a ticket because other people were speeding too. I don't think he will post here defending why he thinks the RD is being unjust because he has nothing to back up that claim. It has been established, and he admitted in a PM, that Brush has a history of violating the BSR's. Sometimes you get caught and have to pay the price. Don't whine about it or blame the person doing the enforcing. I'm sure DJan would rather not have to deal with crap like this.

Derek

Yup, I'm going to beat a dead horse:

I was more concerned about the fact that this person is yanking ratings and licenses for no reason,

I'm still waiting for you to prove this statement.

If you can't, then I'm still waiting for a public apologie to the RD.

A strong person can admit when they have stepped in do-do and say "sorry".
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Seriously...

The way it works in this country is that you prove that someone is guilty. Not that I have to prove that I am innocent.

Go find a plane to jump out of and stop wasting your time in front of the keyboard....
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

Seriously...

The way it works in this country is that you prove that someone is guilty. Not that I have to prove that I am innocent.

That applies to criminal charges only. For the rest, some form of due process gets it done.

In any event, the statement at hand is did the RD yank ratings unfairly - so prove that Jan is guilty of it.

Thing is... Some of us:

KNOW what happened.
KNOW who is trying to cover their asses.
KNOW who is lying.

And it's not the RD. <<<<<<<<<<
-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm posting this for the readers following this thread, not the poeple who have already posted about this issue, or those involved.

It's kinda like two threads in one, Some are talking about landing off, and having to go to court
(Farmer Mcnasty). The rest are talking about jumping out of airplanes with BASE rigs and the FAR violation.
All of the greenies have warned to let this slip to the bottom but it just keeps coming back to the top of the page. Others have had their posts deleted, in one case an entire thread was deleted in another forum, and yet another has been locked. There are still other floating out there about packing BASE and reserves.
I THINK I understand what is going on, or maybe I'm way off. If any of you out there reading this thread, and don't understand what is going on, your not alone.
Disclaimer: I have no personal feeling about the people involved. Just wanted to post my observation.:)-------------------------------------------------------

>The way it works in this country is that you prove that someone is guilty.

Not quite.

Let's say you think I stole your horse. You have to prove it for me to be prosecuted. Everyone understands that.

Now let's say you think that and go around saying "That billvon is a horse thief who abuses small animals and embezzles at his job!" Now I can go after YOU for slander.

In your case, you were originally on the innocent-until-proven-guilty side of things. No substantiated proof, so no action. You are presumed innocent. You got away with it. You have now taken it to the next step - you have slandered someone, and if anyone comes after you for slander, you now must prove you are innocent and that they are incorrect in their assertions. In other words, you have now CREATED a situation in which you might just have to prove your innocence.

Stop shooting yourself in the foot. This is the third and last time I'm going to say this - LET IT GO. You do not want to be the one who brings this down on everyone's head.

To quote American slang - Enough Already.

What I see is that DJan has done her job as a RD in investigating an incident that others have tried to cover up.

If you do something illegal, accept it, apologise and suffer the consequences - don't try and lay it on someonce else.

Take responsibiltiy for your actions.

Liz

Seriously...

Go find a plane to jump out of and stop wasting your time in front of the keyboard....

Dude[:/]

First you ask a leading question about a recall of a unnamed RD and your profile says you jump in colorado:S

Your profile says you've been in the sport for 3 yr's[:/] and you want to argue & flame people on DZ.com who have been skydiving before you were born[:/]

What do you think you have achieved by posting your concerns on DZ.com[:/]

R.I.P.

What do you think you have achieved by posting your concerns on DZ.com

And you're not helping out here either. Mistakes were made, hopefully lessons were learned. Time to move along. By the way I should be meeting with the injured jumper this evening. He's still hurt, so some silent get well vibes would be appreciated. But let's let this thread die the way it was heading before you chimed in. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Steve, I understand your desire to let this thread die, after all, your friend was hurt and you want to put the incident behind him and all that were involved. But, this thread is not about someone getting hurt, or what happened to cause the injury, or even if it’s okay to land on someone else’s property.

I believe the original poster started this thread in order to slander the Regional Director for doing his/hers job. The original poster brought up some serious accusations directed towards the Regional Director, and has yet to prove his point and show any evidence or wrong doing by the Regional Director.

IMO since it’s been shown that the Regional Director has done no wrong, and the original poster has yet to prove his point, an apology should be given to the Regional Director. If someone can try to slander a person in public for doing their job, why then can’t a public apology be made?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Since we've talked around and around the "incident" that precipitated all this (what's the proper tense for "histrionics" here?) could somebody summarize it or PM me?

It sounds like somebody like me, with poor impulse control, jumped BASE gear out of a plane. I'm sure if I was a BASE jumper I would attempt to talk a pilot into that. Heck, every time Burner took me up at Eloy in his balloon somebody asked him if they could jump BASE gear out of it.

Problem is they got busted, or somebody squealed, right?

This is the time to lay down and beg forgiveness. This is the important bit of the the phrase "It is better to seek forgiveness than permission"

Lashing out at the investigator will certainly only make things worse.

"They're just sniffing your nuts" is what I was told when I was informed I was the subject of my fist law enforcement internal affairs investigation.

Truth is, what I did was understandable and reasonable, but against the rules. So, while the higher-ups could understand the how and why, and probably did something similar when they were rookies without getting caught. I got caught, though, and was pissed at the whole double-standard hypocrosy of the event.

Bottom line, though, I got caught. I freaking always get caught.

So, while I'm all pissed off and indignant my sergeant tells me to just be quiet and let them sniff my nuts.

I'm like, "what?"

"You ever see a big dog walk up to a small dog and sniff it's nuts? It's like that. If you just stay still and don't make noises the big dog will sniff the little dog's nuts and then go on about it's business. If the little dog starts growling and snarling and shit the big dog will take the time to chew the crap out of it. So just shut the f*ck up and let them sniff your nuts".

I now know the details of what happened, and before anybody jumps off with "you weren't there, so you don't know shiite" , BTFU. I put plenty of people in prison for things they did that I did not witness.

This is more like me and the charging DA knowing that something happened, but not confident we could prove it in front of a jury.

The person who started this thread is very much like the guys who would swear on their testicles that the dope wasn't theirs, and then when charges weren't filed, asked for it back.

Here-Here, Mikey! The people who were there know the truth and have told the truth. I think we have a pretty good idea where the "third party info" is coming from. (I thought this had all been settled?) Still, I'm amazed at how many people seem to know exactly what happened, and how it happened and I don't recall that many people being there that day, do you?! The Farmer McNasty situation is more like a bug on your windshield at this point, there are bigger things on the plate right now.

"Farmer is probably not the right word as Brush has only sagebrush and cattle"--I beg to differ with you on that statement. Brush also has thousands and thousands of acres of corn, alfalfa, sugar beets, and wheat. So, it is a full service agricultural area--be that as it may, our Farmer McNasty does not have crops anywhere near the landing zone. He's mad because he lost a good portion of free grass that his cows had previously been grazing on. He will find another bone to chew on now that there is effectivly no DZ at Brush due to too many circumstances to go into in this forum. I have also heard that on the first day Steve and Maria opened, some poor woman actually landed ON McNasty's fence, breaking a hip or pelvis or something--but that's something that I didn't see with my own eyes, so should probably be categorized as 'rumor'? At any rate, that is just one incident that our Farmer alludes to in his many, many complaints. Trust me on this, he is not the main problem out here.

troll? Thought this thread was dead.

Now THAT'S not a nice thing to say to a fellow DotCommer, with no bio info and all of 4 posts...

...all made today...

I "SURE" the querry regards genuine concern
and isn't just a trolling attempt to stir a cold pot!

ooppps..gotta go....the bong fell over!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~