squink

Melbourne, Australia?

Hey there,

Which dz to you jump at? I'm heading there on Thursday (will be there on Saturday). I would love to do a jump while I'm there, but unfortunately without my A License they won't let me. :( But I was still thinking that I would like to check out the dz there and that is why I was looking for someone from Melbourne! :)

...the door was open

SKYDIVERGIRLS.COM

Hi

There are a few DZs around Melbourne, but the main ones with larger aircraft and altitude are at Nagambie (about 90 mins north of the city) and at Tooradin (about 90 mins east of the city). Links below with more info and contacts.

http://www.skydivenagambie.com/index.php

http://www.skydiveworld.com/commandos/index.htm

I live in Europe at the moment and wont be returning to Oz until July/August. btucker may be able to give you some more info from people jumping in Melbourne.

Hope you enjoy you trip, Steve
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

Is there any DZ on the coast to jump?? I remember something about Skydive City being on the coast east of Melbourne.

What is the freefly scene like around there? Do you guys know Dingo and his team? They were one of the Aussie teams, got a feeling he might jump in Victoria.

Heading out at Xmas to see family, also interested in details of DZ's to hit and how busy they will be around this time.

I don't jump in Victoria but I have jumped Skydive City and yes it is on the coast.

Can't speak too much about the freefly scene in Melbourne but there are a fair few guys up in sydney at sydney skydivers that would be happy to freefly with you... but we do not jump over the coast (and obviously we're not in Victoria). Dingo does jump at Nagambie in VIC, I don't know him personally but I do know Adam Long, his Earth Leakage team mate and I know they are stationed down there at the moment.

I'm pretty sure Nagambie do a christmas boogie, not sure of the details though, check out the APF website, it might have some info. Sydney Skydivers have a christmas boogie on too, it's usually $25 slots with rego.

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

Thanks for the info. I hope Adam has not crashed any more cars since Gap in France......;)

Would love to check Sydney out, but unfortunately my plane is heading to Melbourne.

Shame about Skydive City, had some people I have met who jumped there.
Will have to get hold of Dingo and check out Skydive Nagambie if he is still around towards the end of the year.

Hi Squink,

Briefly:

Barwon Heads is doing beach jumps this weekend, so there will be a bunch of fun jumpers there and probably a BBQ afterwards.

Nagambie is the most serious DZ for experienced jumpers - lots of teams etc.

Tooradin (the old Pakenham) is a club, so not as busy as the other two. Its in a really pretty spot on the coast though and offers joyrides in biplanes and helicopters if you can't jump.

All three would probably take around the same time to get to from the city.

Hope you have a good time while you're here. (By the way, if you have the money, your logbook and the time, you will be able to jump!)

nothing to see here