justaflygirl

Christian Skydivers...

Just wondering how many of us are out there and if there is any "group" so to speak...

I would like to make friends with others with a strong christian faith, that share the same love for skydiving that I do.

Post up, let me know who you are, maybe we can start a group of somesort if there isnt one already!:)

So now it's no longer enough to distinguish by discipline (e.g. RW, freefly, CRW, accuracy, etc etc.), now we even have to bring faith into play for further divisiveness?

The conservative, US-Christian fundamendalists are seriously bothering me (and most of the rest of the world). Not even skydiving is immune any longer: for the love of beer!!!!

play for further divisiveness

If you really knew anything about the CSA
you would realize it's more about UNITY.

Ron...D-1120 is the guy who drives the CSA,
one of the most honorable human beings
I've ever met...

We're friends...and I'm an atheist.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

So now it's no longer enough to distinguish by discipline (e.g. RW, freefly, CRW, accuracy, etc etc.), now we even have to bring faith into play for further divisiveness?

The conservative, US-Christian fundamendalists are seriously bothering me (and most of the rest of the world). Not even skydiving is immune any longer: for the love of beer!!!!

That was nice. It was an honest question looking for people with similar interests and I'd have to say your the one making it divisive.

Good thread justaflygirl, I share your faith and would also be interested to know who else on here does.

Joe.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

what up girl?!?!?!??!! :)
Yes, I too am a Christian skydiver, I have a strong love for the Lord and He is the most fulfilling thing on this earth, more fulfilling than human love, a man, and even skydiving!!! B|

I am proud to be a Christian, feel free to send me a PM--I would love to meet and jump with you someday!!!:P

luv ya girl,in Christ,
Sarah

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

There are more fraternal skydiving organizations out there than you can shake a stick at: POPS, SOS, JOS, Caterpillar Club, Freak Brothers, Muff Brothers, Rodriguez Brothers, Pink Mafia, ETC ETC. Some are more formal than others, and each of them have their own criteria for membership. It is not too much to ask for a group of Christian skydivers to be added to that list without those who choose not to belong getting wrapped around the axle about it.

The conservative, US-Christian fundamendalists are seriously bothering me

Then you can choose not to belong to their organization, choose not to skydive with them, whatever you like. I suggest you try and understand their desire to have such an organization before you judge them.
Arrive Safely

John

I don't force my beliefs on any body. You may choose not to like me because of my faith but just because you don't believe what I believe wouldn't keep me from hanging out with you if you were to show up at our dropzone. . I jump mostly RW because thats what most of the people at my dz do but that doesn't keep me from making a jump with someone who freeflys if they don't mind that I'll probably cork out of my sit. :)

B.L. (the brain)

Heck yeah bring Faith into it!...I'm a Christian Skydiver and thank the Good Lord above for giving me/us the opportunity to experience His majesty in an awesome way! I'm also a member of the CSA and wear the patch proudly...occaisionally people ask me to pray with and for them...and I love bringing glory to the One Who's saved my life in many ways. It's just beyond me how anyone can skydive and NOT believe but I love all my skydiving family. I'm a good friend of Windcatcher's and we do have some really God-Centered times at the dz'z. Great Post Flygirl. Lord Bless you for it, Dan

ISAIAH 40:31

Seems to me the only problem with being a Christian Skydiver is it reduces the odds of getting in the air.

Most of us only get 2/7 of the week off (Sat/Sun). God wants Sunday all to himself, so a 'good christian' only has a 1 in 7 chance of rolling a good day on Sat :)
Or worse, if God is punishin' one of them guys for skivin' off on Sunday, He may WX out the whole DZ :(

But heck, I'm just glad to find anyone to jump with, they're welcome to have and seek out others of their own belief system as long as they don't interfere with the feeding of Pudge.

"Pudge controls the weather" - Lilo

Just wondering how many of us are out there and if there is any "group" so to speak...

I would like to make friends with others with a strong christian faith, that share the same love for skydiving that I do.

Post up, let me know who you are, maybe we can start a group of somesort if there isnt one already!:)

Yup, Christian Skydivers Association.

If you can't find them online, just go to a boogie and look for the group that's having the least fun.

I am.
Please, keep in touch.
Matter of fact from reading present and past post regarding such, I'm gonna sew patch on my jumpsuit.
I had the pleasure of being on a 6-way formation at Perris, years ago with 1st Annual Christian Fellowship
L/O was Slyvester St. Cyr.(RIP) he was quite a man and still today think of him.
Gary Calhoun csa#105

me too. actually, i just recently accepted Jesus back into my life after a long absence from the Church. I just sent for my application to the CSA. thank you for your post, otherwise I probably wouldn't have found out about it!

God bless and blue skies!!

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687

If you can't find them online, just go to a boogie and look for the group that's having the least fun.

Sorry you seem to see a negative about this organization. What have they ever done to you?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Just standing up to be counted.

God wants Sunday all to [H]imself...

A day of rest does not mean cessation from activity. And church is where you make it, not in a special building at a special time. So it's only constrained from a religious point of view, not by faith.

And far from being somehow divisive, it's open and available to everyone: all you have to do is accept.

-- Dave