Hoot

Skyventure Orlando

I just went to Skyventure for the first time on Saturday night and had a blast! My friends and I are thinking about renting a couple blocks of time before we start AFF to help us out. Has anyone gone to skyventure before starting AFF and was it beneficial?

There are 2 types of people in this world: those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't. --Bill Murray

There are people who effectively learned how to fly their bodies in the tunnel, who then proceeded to complete an entire AFF progresion in 3 jumps.

So yes, tunnel time will certainly will help you get through AFF faster.

What I can't tell you is how much tunnel time is cost effective. At some point you just need to go jump.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I was there for one of the airspeed camps this weekend. One of the guys on my team had 7 jumps and was still on AFF when he took up the camp. When he started he was like any AFF student with 7 jumps. By the time he left the camp his basics on body position, body mechanics and the ability to fly his lower body were better than most of the guys with 100 plus jumps that I've seen. Of course besides the tunnel you need a good coach to make that happen. We had airspeed to coach us and they are phenominal to say the least.

I shared an hour block with 4 experienced jumpers after my first tandem and I progressed quickly though my training. I also got a bunch of complements along the way. I think this experience is definitely beneficial to jumpers at any level. In fact, my 4way team has two hours reserved for this Sat night...kick ass!

--Shane

Shane

After having some problems on AFF 2, my fiancee' spent 10 minutes in the tunnel, and greatly improved her flying. I'm sure it saved her (me) from paying for extra AFF jumps. I'd definitely recommend it.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

My wife and I are heading to the Orlando tunnel for a one hour block on Saturday (11-12pm). It's our first time. My wife has 10 jumps and I have 60. We don't have a coach, though, but would like to find one. Any recommendations? We live in Tallahassee and are driving down just for the tunnel.

"The value of man lies not in the knowledge he possesses, or means to possess, but in the sincere pain which he hath taken to find it out." - G.E. Lessings