Antidote

How often do you pack yourself?

If I'm working I'll often use a packer. When I'm fun jumping I'll pack for myself 90% of the time.

I only use a packer when I'm working since I only work when it's busy. I'll be short on time, so I have to choose how to spend it. I can better utilize my time by doing other things, like taking ground shots of the students as they gear up.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I used to pack for myself all the time up until I had my first cutaway

I'm just the opposite.Always used packers until my first cutaway.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

How did you become so quick? Any tricks/techniques?

The best way to get good at something is to practice, practice, oh and practice... (and with more then 3100 pack jobs that's a lot of practice.)

Not that I know how Mr. Vali got that good at packing... that's just how you get good at anything.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I couldn't agree with you more! I employ a packer 99.9% of the time. I am often busy with students and need the time between jumps for briefs/debriefs, and hey, I don't enjoy packing!

We have some very very good packers at SSM, they take it seriously (even though they joke around) and I haven't been slammed yet. I would never blame a packer, per se, because it's my responsibility and I'm opting to use their services.

Packers Rule!
Attitude is everything!

Almost always. If I'm at a camp, or at a boogie and not feeling that great, maybe I'll use a packer. I'm cheap, and I like my pack jobs -- that way I get just what I put into it.

When I use a packer, it's most likely the closest one.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

When Little John AKA "CHOP IT the bridle boy" is at the dz I use him. For a 13 year old, he gives me the best openings.Well except for 1 last sunday. I had a line twist, he said it was my body position. He's probably right:$
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

I'd say that about 2% of the time, I finish and realise I packed myself. But it's usually not that much effort to pull my hand out of there even though the containers been closed. :P

I pack for myself on almost every jump.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I am a slow packer, so it is about 50%. Interesting fact. I jumped a Spectre 230, just started jumping my Spectre 210. If a packer packs it, it opens a bit harder than I like. If I pack it, it snivells for at least a 1000 feet.

but, but, he's a giant chicken!

Mostly I pack for myself.Once in awhile I'll get busy packing others while mine sits in the corner.Tired of looking at it sit,I'll rarely ask a packer to pack for me.There is only 1 parachute I hate packing and that's mine.Not sure why?Maybe it's just a personal thing?rob

Where I live, if you don't pack for yourself your gear just lays there....unpacked....until you get off your lazy ass and fold the thing up. So I pack my own gear....

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Prefer to pack myself. Bad luck on a few openings with packers so I jsut would rather do it myself. Besides I pack fast so not that big a deal. About 5-6 min pack average for me so not that much time..... Other then Tandems, my sport jumps are probably less then 1% packed by a packer..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"