grue

Wow, what a day.

After getting screwed by the wind yesterday and sitting on the ground for six hours at teh DZ, I came back today for more action..

My first half-dozen jumps, I was jumping a 290sqft Skymaster, which gave me a wingload of about .85

Today, I showed up around 15lbs lighter, and my instructor felt I was ready for a smaller canopy... and moved me to a 230! Wingload of 1.05, ahoy!

Well, I went and made my first jump of the day, and learned a few things: Smaller canopies are much more fun, and handle better! Wheee.

I also learned the joys of the kill lines on the slider, after they were pointed out to me, so it was a quieter ride down.

Well, time for landing. I'm jumping a much, much faster canopy, and I didn't realise it means it -flares- faster, too. Imagine my surprise when the canopy stalled about 18" off the ground, but.... I stood it up!

Stood up all three of my jumps today, and today also marked the start of my delays. That's right, the best part of the day wasn't downsizing, it was FINALLY FINDING OUT WHAT TERMINAL VELOCITY FEELS LIKE! :o:o:o

My only problem was that at first, I had an ever-so-slow left turn in freefall, but I managed to correct, and got a "VERY GOOD" written in my log, wheeee.

I am super student, hear me roar!
cavete terrae.

yay.

me too. I went up for my second 10-second delay, but the pilot took us up to 6200, so I got more like a 20 second delay. Much fun was had by me. I had a slow right hand turn that I corrected. What a fun day!!!

Ooh, I'm jealous. I went from 5,500, but I counted out the 10 and let it rip. Next time, I'm going for 3,500 opening alt, like god intended ;)
cavete terrae.