RkyMtnHigh

Jumpships....

Climb-out is easier with an inside bar, but for some reason I always liked an outside bar when I used them.

Don't have much use for either these days.:P

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

I prefer outside, but that's what I started with. I give the outside bar on Skydive Monroe's King Air credit for my first jump. If I could have figured out how to climb back in the plane, I would have:)
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I tend to prefer inside bars for 4-way exits. tends to give you more "spring" to your legs cos you're not reaching so far and it keeps you all closer together.

But obv need an outside bar if you're gonna be doing bigways and camera and stuff.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

do you prefer the bar on the inside of the door or outside?

I prefer inside....the climbing out and grabbing outside bar is more difficult IMO....

Both. And decent handles for front-front float and the camera step. And a big enough step to get two people on without crowding. Having front-front float hold the flap hinge (as is common on Otters) is a safety hazard.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

do you prefer the bar on the inside of the door or outside?

I prefer inside....the climbing out and grabbing outside bar is more difficult IMO....

I definitely prefer the bar inside. It's just too damn hard to pour a drink outside.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

since so many of you like the bar on the outside...let's now talk about the climb out and exits to get to that outside bar...

Reason I like the inside otter bar is because I just hold and go....with the outside bars, I'm usually first to climb out and far back blocking everyone's air so that's why the outside bar isn't my "favorite":P

Hi High!!<
I like em' both, that way nobody can bitch and you have a choice!! I like when Skip had the L-O-N-G bar and grab handles on N26MA (what a jewel of a jump ship!!) I don't remember howmany people we got outside but the number was over 15!!!!!! (one hand, one foot!!!) And still room to pour a drink!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out