caspar

music

when i was doing my AFF in the states i met a guy who was jumping with those new oakley sunglasses which had an MP3 built in. he listened to music in freefall....

what do you guys think about listening to music in freefall??

not something im considering - only just started.... just wondered how many of you do, if it makes the dive better or it simply destroys your alti awareness??

i remember reading an article once that said if you listen to fast music (cant remember the number of beats/min they stated), on average you become a better driver.......
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

he may have been wearing the glasses in freefall but i doubt very much he will have been listening in free fall, its just too loud to hear anything.

He proably used it on the way up and maybe under canopy but freefall i doubt.

even if he could get it working in free fall i personally thiunk it would ruin it for me. i love the feeling of freedom you get and music would spoil it for me

Hey Caspar,

I got more jumps than you now :P

I can do without music. I'm too busy planing/doing what I what to do, and surfing my adrenaline rush to distracted/bothered by music.

Although, on the other hand, I might write some inspired by my skydiving experiences B|

Cheers

BTW Is that a picture of you in DeLand?

i remember reading an article once that said if you listen to fast music (cant remember the number of beats/min they stated), on average you become a better driver.......

I become a faster, more aggressive driver. Not sure that translates to 'better.'

dude they work!! we use inflight communication with wired walkie talkies. yes it is loud and hard to hear clearly but it does work. the only think is the oakleys lens flip up on those and not the greatest eye coverage wind does get in.

And how many people turn the radio down when they are concentrating on trying to find a house when they are driving?

Do you want music blaring in your ear during a malfunction? It just sounds like a bad idea to me.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP